Close

Thread: Diablo 3

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Diablo 3

Don't know how many of you watched the blizzcon panels for diablo, but we have some exciting changes coming soon.

We have a armory system coming in allowing us to switch specs/gear on the fly from a npc. Nice addition.
    PTR is just about to have our Tristram expansion go live for testing which I expect we'll see live on servers within december. A portal will be open next to the well in tristram which will lead you to the retro Diablo 1 experience. 16 floors, 4 bosses, and lots of easter eggs.
    We also have the necromancer class being added to the game. The rumor is we'll be seeing it around spring of 2017 which could open up further classes being deployed to diablo 3. I feel like they've decided to support diablo 3 with further content while they work on diablo 4. Since no expansion was announced during this year's blizzcon.

Thanks to TheQuagmire

EvilBoB (7th November 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Diablo 3

I love Diable 3 although I mainly played on the XB1 not on the PC. Did they mention if this is going to console as well as PC?
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

all good fun to be had when the necro appears

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    I love Diable 3 although I mainly played on the XB1 not on the PC. Did they mention if this is going to console as well as PC?
    Yes
    I believe they did including what we have on PC called seasons.
    Most of this content will be going to console users that have the full version that has reaper of souls expansion.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rehash what i said earlier for a easier read

1) The Armory, which will let players store five character load-outs so you don’t have to keep manually swapping out all your skills and gear ever again.

2) Seasons on console — As of 2017, PlayStation and Xbox players will be able to participate in the seasonal contests that PC players have been digging for a year now. In short, every season you can start a new “seasonal” character and compete to be the first to hit max level, among other challenges.

3) A new tab for crafting materials that will prevent them from taking up inventory slots. - About Time

4) Challenge Rifts — a new feature that’ll “snapshot an actual player’s build from the game each week and let everyone take it for a spin in a static dungeon”

5) New zones. "Say's Blizzard": “The desolate, fog-enshrouded Moors have been occupied by armies and empires over time. Beneath them lies the Temple of the Firstborn – a place of evil unlike anything you’ve seen before.” - I doubt anything could be worse than Durance of Hate 2

Outside of the Necromancer pack, all this stuff is going to be free, so it’s hard to complain. I mean, we could complain. But would anyone listen? Right?

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just want to make a necro with all his minions, the Witch doc of today feels so much of an imposter
    The additions that they are adding will keep this game going another year till they start bitching again

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuagmire View Post
    Yes
    I believe they did including what we have on PC called seasons.
    Most of this content will be going to console users that have the full version that has reaper of souls expansion.
    Just read it will be out next year on XB1 Awesome beans. Going to have to pick up another copy though as my game case is empty!!! ARGHH This will be the FOURTH copy I've bought of it
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

The seasons are getting shorter and shorter for me as time goes on, so this shot in the arm will suffice I guess. As the OP mentioned, it is free, so can't complain. But D3 is getting a little boring for me now and I'm not sure a new character, zone and a few quality of life changes will really blow me away.

Bring on D4!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm quite positive everyone was expecting an announcement of at least a full blown expansion or at least D4. It seems they want to cater to their existing assets for an extended time frame. Kinda like I doubt they'll ever make Warcraft 4 at this point due to WoW never dying.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So after quite a bit of extensive research I have just about everything covered for Diablo from Blizzcon.

I'll be posting all the highlights here for everyone to read. The dungeon that's coming is a TIMED event /cries.

Retro Dungeon

• The Anniversary Dungeon recreates the events, monsters, and levels of the original Diablo inside Diablo III.
    • The Dungeon will be 16 levels deep and accessible for all existing characters.
    • Returning boss fights are The Butcher, The Skeleton King, Lazarus and Diablo himself.
    • You will be able to enter the Dungeon via a teleporter in The Old Ruins of Tristram.
    • The Anniversary Dungeon will be included in Patch 2.4.3, "The Darkening of Tristram".
    • It will be a limited time event, occurring for the month of January every year.

Retro Aesthetic

• The whole dungeon will feature special visual and audio filters to invoke all that sweet nostalgia.
    • The whole graphics will be more pixelated, colors will be desaturated and the light radius reduced.
    • Animation changes include snapping to one of 8 directions, walking only, and no variation in attack animations.
    • Many old sound assets will replace existing ones and the remaining ones will sound more tinny.
    • Monster AI and physics engine will also be tuned down.
    • The UI in the dungeon will also be changed to be more reminiscent of the earlier titles.
    • The assets it uses will all be from Diablo III, with the exception of some bosses.

Rewards

• Completing the Dungeon rewards a Legendary Gem that fits into the Helmet slot, reminiscent of Diablo's Soulstone, plus a transmog for your helmet.
    • You will also be rewarded with two new portrait frames, a Banner and Sigil, a Butcher pet, as well as two weapon transmogs, the Butcher's Sickle and Wirt's Wooden Leg.

Challenge Rifts

• Challenge Rifts will be a new type of Greater Rift in which everyone will play the same character and same Rift layout, completely independent of the character you entered with.
    • Both will be taken directly from a Greater Rift run a player has done previously. We don't know whether it will be picked randomly or be a curated system.
    • They will refresh periodically, giving a new challenge after each refresh, current plan is new build every 3-10 days, though that's not set in stone.
    • There will be a staging area where you can test out the character's build before heading into the actual timed Rift.
    • Challenge Rifts will include Leaderboards to compare your performance with that of your friends and whole region.
    • To place highly, you will need to practice the build and learn the GR layout.
    • Beating the original runner's time will reward your main character, likely with Bounty Bags.
    • Entering a Challenge Rift in Multiplayer will have all players play the exact same character.
    • Challenge Rifts will come later in 2017, not with patch 2.4.3.

• The team also teased additional rewards, while we have no word on what they are yet.

Quality of Life and UI changes

• The Armory will allow you to save loadouts, to switch to with a single button press.
    • A loadout includes skills, passives, items, and cubed powers, but not Paragon Points.
    • You will be able to store and name 5 full loadouts per character at a time.
    • Items that are part of a loadout will still need to be physically present in your stash or inventory.
    • When switching to a new loadout, you can choose to send your current gear to the stash or inventory.
    • The Armory loadouts will always use the highest level of appropriate gem (normal and Legendary) you own.
    • As part of the Armory introduction, removing gems from gear will become free.
    • We will be getting a full Crafting Material UI, meaning that materials no longer take up inventory or stash space!
    • This UI will be accessible from the inventory and include the more common materials as well as Bounty Cache materials and Hellfire Event parts.
    • You will still need to click those items to pick them up, but will now get a floating text notification for the amount you picked up.
    • Kanai's Cube will get a button to automatically fill it with the required materials for the active recipe.
    • The Mystic will get an additional tab: The Dye Interface allows you to buy and apply all dyes directly to your gear.
    • No more running around all the towns to find that one dye color!
    • The Mystic changes will make it to 2.4.3, the rest of these interface additions will become available later next year.

Rift Changes

• Finishing a Greater Rift without dying will grant an additional Gem upgrade attempt. Hardcore players will always get this 4th attempt.
    • A new algorithm will be used to spawn monsters in Rifts, ensuring that there are no more huge empty areas.
    • Any monster population can now spawn on any tile set.
    • The areas near the entrance to a new Rift floor will be free of monsters.
    • Greater Rift floor sizes will become more consistent.
    • Currently, there is a high chance to get an identical tile set when descending a Rift floor. This will be changed to make new tile sets much more likely.
    • The Necromancer demo build would open a portal to a small boss floor when getting 100% in a Greater Rift.
    • This may very well be a demo only feature and not make it to live.
    • All of these changes will be included in patch 2.4.3.

Monster Changes

• Leaping monsters will become killable in mid-air.
    • Invisible and buried monsters will appear much more quickly.
    • The Reflects Damage Elite affix will be changed to fire projectiles in retaliation instead of dealing damage instantly.
    • The Shielding Elite affix's shield will be instantly removed if only one monster with it remains.
    • New Elite affix: Juggernaut - Drastically increased crowd-control resistance.

Seasons on Consoles

• Starting with Season 10, Seasons will finally be coming to PS4 and Xbox One!
    • They will be functionally identical to the PC Seasons, including Leaderboards, the Season Journey and all its rewards.
    • Cheating on consoles is something the team has an eye on, but won't share any details on yet.
    • New Seasonal rewards - like the Seraphim Wings - for PC and consoles were also shown off.

New Zones & New Monsters

The Shrouded Moors

• A rain-swept, windy, and desolate grassland.
    • Many civilizations have tried to settle here but none ever lasted, their remnants still visible throughout the zone.
    • The Shrouded Moors are located in the north of Act II.

The Temple of the Firstborn

• An ancient structure with a lovecraftian vibe to it
    • This is the place where Inarius and Lilith created the first Nephalem.
    • The temple can be found beneath the Shrouded Moors, deep underground.

The Realms of Fate

• A new type of zone that allows seamless transitions from one tile set into another
    • Still in an early stage, not quite clear where it'll see use.
    • The two new zones will come with multiple new monsters, some more feral ones for the Shrouded Moors and Demons for the Temple where shown off.
    • The zones and monsters will also not be in 2.4.3, but rather come later next year.

Necromancer

• One-handed Scythes will be the Necromancer's class weapon type, likely to be paired with a special off-hand, just like Wizards and Witch Doctors.
    • They will have access to new Sets and Legendaries, specifically tailored to them.
    • The Necromancer will have less than 4 Sets at release, to leave room for the community to come up with new play styles and have those added onto new sets.
    • The Necromancer's resource is called Essence and caps out at 200. It does not regenerate automatically, but is only gained from skills.
    • Necromancers will also be able to use Monsters' Corpses for many of their skills.
    • The Necromancer's main stat will be Intelligence.
    • Known Spells: (Keep in mind that they're in a very early version)

1. Bone Spear - 20 Essence. Summon a piercing Bone Projectile that causes 450% weapon damage as physical to all enemies it passes through.
    2. Siphon Blood - Channeled. Generate 15 Essence each time damage is dealt. Siphon the Blood from the targeted enemy dealing 300% weapon damage as physical. Siphon Blood heals you for 2% of your total health every second while channeled.
    3. Command skeletons - 50 Essence. Active: Command your skeletal minions to attack the target and increase their damage by 100% for 5 seconds. Passive: Raise skeletons from the ground every second. Skeletal minions deal 50% weapon damage per attack.
    4. Blood Rush - 4 second cool-down. Shed your mortal flash and reappear up to 50 yards away, passing through most obstacles.
    5. Corpse Explosion - Target an area, exploding all corpses within 20 yards dealing 150% weapon damage as physical.
    6. Decrepify - 10 Essence. A crippling curse that reduces the enemies' movement speed by 75% and reduces damage done by 20%.
    7. Blood Golem - Will also be Active/Passive, allowing you to directly command it.
    8. Army of the Dead - Summons over a hundred skeletons to instantly attack an area.

Thanks to TheQuagmire

CominAtcha (9th November 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bump

Looks like we'll be seeing Necromancer being pushed out around this summer.
    We'll be able to try the necromancer during a PTR test in the near future before the class goes live on public servers.
    Plus who knows what this year's blizzcon will unveil for the future of Diablo 3 though I'm sure it will be quite exciting when it happens this November.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Seasons 9 ends tomorrow (Friday) I already got all shadows elite gear for next season

The necro I will buy on the new expansion as you know I loved my necro on D2

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do remember your necro from D2 lol
    The great thing with World of Warcraft though I'll have plenty of blizz funds to pickup w/e they release on diablo 3 for free practically. Ever since they gave us the option to sell gold for blizz cash/wow time it's been great.

Thanks to TheQuagmire

Mickey (17th March 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wish I'd had that option when I quit WoW. Had a million or so gold over all my toons. But now I'd have to re-sub to get to it, so no point. Gah!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    I wish I'd had that option when I quit WoW. Had a million or so gold over all my toons. But now I'd have to re-sub to get to it, so no point. Gah!
    Depends on the realms
    US servers a sub/cash credit for gold is ~90K gold
    EU servers a sub/cash credit for gold is ~190k gold
    Asian servers are all +300k gold for one (quite scary...)
    If you have a lot of gold the initial cost for a resub outweighs what you could convert with your gold. I know a few guys that have max gold.. and they've been converting their gold to buy overwatch loot boxes... a lot of them lol...

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got my seasons stash tab now using my Demon Hunter
    Easiest conquest to do in my opinion is Avarice
    You have to get 50 million gold in 1 go as you have 5 seconds to get the gold without a stop

Quite good fun

I ran to the end of the level killing most of the mobs along the way and not picking up the gold
    Once at the other end I equipped my pet and re-traced my steps