Ok,

So, the other half got herself a 16 plate 116D Sport. Suits all the requirements she needs in a car. However we can't for the life of us get the voice control button to do anything. I understand that some cars it isn't enabled - this correct? One thing she did appreciate having in her Focus, was the voice control to call a contact so literally everything was hands free.

She has the built in Sat Nav which in understand all BMW's have now. I would have thought there'd be a method of voice controlling it too.

The guy in the BMW dealership said she has to download an app in order to get her phone to work with voice controls. It is connected via bluetooth as she can receive calls ok and she can make them by using the button / dial controls but to be honest, I think having to do that is just as distracting as holding a darn phone in your hand.

So, I understand there are a lot of BMW owners knocking about here.. what do we need to do to get her 116D to have voice control via the button? She has a Galaxy S6 Edge btw for her phone.

Thanks in advance.