Cyber crime these days is far more sophisticated, and continues to grow at a staggering rate. High-profile cybercrime is at an all time high, it is no longer a case of where they can "reverse-engineer" coding, it has gone in to the field of digital electronics.
Combating the extent of what hackers attack is not easy, the figures below are from 2015 and are global figures.

Social Security $1
DDOS as a Service ~$7/hour
Medical Record >$50
Credit Card Data $0.25-$60
Bank Account Info >$1000 depending on account type and balance
Avg Cost per Org $15 Million
Mobile Malware $150
Spam $50/$500K emails
Malware Development $2500 (commercial malware)
Exploits $1000-$300K
DarkWeb Transactions $60 Billion
Facebook Account $1 for an account with 15 friends

Total:
Global Cybercrime Market: $450 Billion - $1 Trillion

Notice Facebook are rated the lowest to a hacker, but multiply the figure by the number of Facebook searches per day, which is currently at 2 Billion per day! Those searches are mainly hackers using the search for people and email addresses, to hack their accounts.
The most asked question on hacking on Google is: "how to hack a facebook account"?
The chances of you finding anyone that will divulge that information is very low, because you can guarantee, its a teen!
Most hackers just give them malicious links for asking such info... to teach them a lesson.

In the InfoSec industry we have a saying "The adage is true that the security systems have to win every time, the attacker only has to win once.” — Dustin Dyke

I would never use Facebook myself, with all the reconnaissance I have done on one that company over the years, you would not believe the sheer and unimaginable amount of your privacy that is placed online. Remember, Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp - Yet, none of them are the worse contenders that leak your privacy, one App even knows your name, before you even signup for their services!

The worse App out there is "SnapChat", I will reveal why in another article, and include another on Facebook including what goes on behind the scenes - you will be shocked!

I write cyber security articles for businesses, I plan to cut some of them down and publish them on DF. Every article does go in to great detail.