Guys looking for some advice. Brief story here< my lad normally catches a school bus, or gets a lift to school, however, he needed to be in school early for an exam so decides to catch 'normal' bus.
He is 18 and studying A levels, so he shows his form pass to the driver and requests a child fare - being at school in full time education etc - and the driver says nothing and issues a ticket.
Couple of stops later, inspector gets on, hauls him off the bus and issues £40 pound fine. Adult travelling on child fare.
I appealed it and was rejected as he didn't have an 16-18 pass, which is free and allows term travel to and from school at child rate. He doesnt catch the bus normally, and was unaware of requirement for this pass.
I dont feel inclined to pay, as far as I am concerned he should be allowed to travel at child fare to and from school, whilst in full time education, and no income.
So do I let it run its course and maybe end up in court, or carry on appealing. At time of first appeal I wasnt aware my son had shown 6th form pass to driver when requesting ticket. In which case surely the driver should have said something?

Any comments / advice welcome