Close

Thread: Family

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Family

I went off with my cousin's ex misses....Cnut whatever....They were getting divorced ect and shit happened. This was 12 years ago now and that side of the family (basically the ones that share his surname don't talk to me nor my misses) No big deal for me Im a big boy and can take any of this on the chin...I made my bed ect ect ect.
    Trouble is that side of the family have also decried that any of the rest of the family who even so much as speak to us are cut off...they join the excluded gang...childish crap.
    So the cousin is the son of a now deceased anty...my mums sister (3 amigos if you like...3 welsh sisters who loved each other to bits). There is one sister left my aunty who reached out to us 5 years ago now and started accompanying us up to scotland on holiday to see my dad ect...pals for 60 years that sort of thing..aunty is 80 now.
    During the 12 years we have been together we have been excluded from their family events (understandable) which includes weddings funerals ect. But last year a a family member of the last remaining aunty died mid 40's of cancer....we offered not to attend but the family concerned insisted we should...so the other side didnt.....Which is pretty poor..but there ya go.
    Now yesterday was the funeral for another close friend - again we didn't attend so as to keep peace but last remaining aunty went ......the other family of my cousin were all there and most of them totally blanked her...I mean wtf she's 80 years old...there mum's sister...a harmless old lady who has not done "anything"......Most remarkable is the fact that the cousin who's ec wife im with DID go over and cuddle my aunty and made a fuss of her ect....But the rest of his brothers/sisters just gave blank stares and walked straight past.....All very eastenders style...
    BTW this exclusion from communication with the "family" extends to my 87 yo dad, My 60 yo sister ONE of my brothers but not the other...lol. It's all so......sad.

Now another cousin from the same family who was one of them who ws still talking to aunty has taken very ill....rest of the family have "banned" aunty and her family from visiting in hospital...it's all such a fuck up.

There ya go there's my whinge. There is a wise old saying somewhere..."you can choose your friends............."

4 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (30th July 2018),  Mario87 (20th September 2018),  Over Carl (17th July 2018),  WillD (18th July 2018)