I recently aquired the Mega_Man_Anniversary_Collection_USA_GC-iSOSPHERE image, & extracting all the files seems to show that all the games embedded in the files are emulated versions. If you extract the whole iso & look at the file Megaman.str in the root directory in a hex editor it says the following:

c:\Projects\MegaMan\MegaManCodeBase\Dllp\Megaman\Mmpb1-2\M4R.plf
c:\Projects\MegaMan\MegaManCodeBase\Dllp\Mmova7\M2R.plf
c:\Projects\MegaMan\MegaManCodeBase\Dllp\Mmova1-6\M1R.plf
c:\Projects\MegaMan\MegaManCodeBase\Dllp\Mmova8\M3R.plf

So presumably this means the following games are stored in those files:

M1R.plf = Megaman 1-6 (Nintendo)
M2R.plf = Megaman 7 (Super Nintendo)
M3R.plf = Megaman 8 (Playstation)
M4R.plf = Megaman Power Battles 1 & 2 (Arcade / MAME / CPS Boards)

I've had a look at M2R.plf & compared it to the USA Release of Megaman 7 for the Snes in a hex editor & there's alot of similar code in it, ie: search for some of the same text like SOUND TEST (53 4F 55 4E 44 20 54 45 53 54) & it's in both the M2R & Rom File, but M2R is much bigger & the code is in different places so maybe this rom is embedded with the emulator as M2R.

Anyways, i couldn't figure it out, & i'm by no means any good at hex editing or coding in anyway but thought it was worth posting incase someone wants to have a look?

There's also alot of other files that say codes & stuff just in plain .txt files so i'm sure these shouldn't have been left on there, has the alignments mentioned for PC, GC, & PS2 Versions.

MHX