Hiya all!

My flatmates and i are looking to change our isp package. we are currently sharing virgin media 2mb with the flat below us but are fed up of sharing bandwidth!

We dont have a bt line but can get one installed if needs be (although we would prefer not to - but as far as i know you have to have one?)and my question is who do we go with and what package?

ive had a peek at adslguide and ispreview but there is just so many and if truth be told im not too sure entirely what i need to look out for apart from the obvious like FUP etc.

We are looking to spend between £30 - £35 a month (or cheaper obviously)with no caps. And if possible more than 2mb speeds.
i often use FTP to upload and download as well as newsgroups and irc and my flatmates also use torrents. do we need to find a provider that doesnt block these connections or do they all allow it?

we dont use wireless since we are all on the same floor and have the massively long lines that go into each of our rooms (and Brooksie wont let us have wireless anyway 'cause he hates it lol)

So i just wondered if anyone had any ideas at all?

Thanks in advance! Ange