OK so after my post earlier on this month
http://digital-forums.com/showthread...35#post2678535

I had an interview a while back and believed that I had not been succesful until I received the following email:

"Stazione"

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for coming to the interview last week.
We were impressed and would like to progress matters by having you cook for us.
We would like to do this at Stazione week beginning Monday 24th.
Could you let me know when you are available?
It would involve cooking a couple of standard dishes and a couple of dishes of your devising.
We would pay for all ingredients involved and £20 towards expenses.
I would be grateful if you could confirm to me as as soon as possible as to whether you are interested in proceeding.

Best regards,

Ronnie

I thought woop woop this is the start of something new.
So I quickly replied and received this email at 9pm Last Night:

Hi,

The practical interview that we are planning involves the following:

1) Create and cost a winter dish that could serve as a starter made from seasonal ingredients, designed to appeal to the more discerning customer, that will show a creative understanding of flavours and their combination on the plate. Gross margin should be good due to appropriate use of seasonal ingredients. This need not be an "expensive" dish. This can be prepared/part prepared at home.

2) Create and cost a winter dish that could serve as a main course made from seasonal ingredients, designed to appeal to the more discerning customer, that will show a creative understanding of flavours and their combination on the plate. Gross margin should be good due to appropriate use of seasonal ingredients. This need not be an "expensive" dish. This can be prepared/part prepared at home.

3) Describe and cost, but do not make, 2 other such dishes.

4) Make on site:
pizza
one margharita
one with interesting seasonal toppings

5) Make on site:
beer battered haddock
chips
mushy peas

We will provide:
fish
maris piper potatoes
beer
soda water

If you have any comments or questions re the ingredients or process please don't hesitate to let me know.
(eg you would like to provide your own type of beer, you need more ingredients from us, you have a question re equipment....)

I will be in touch re time/date.

Best regards,

Ronnie Somerville

So I quickly began workings in my head and writing of menu items. I went to tesco at Midnight last night for provisions for my dishes and returned home to begin prepping and thinking some more.

I was up until 3 am this morning and then eventually went to bed only to rise again at 8 to continue on.

What I would like to know is what you guys think of the menu I have devised and costed.
Ideally
A: Do you like the sound of the dishes?
B: Would you be prepared to pay the advertised cost for the dishes?

Any feedback I am grateful for.

Many thanksAttachment 17099