i have been trying to get freeview on the tv down stairs..............

a good while ago i bought myself a new aerial and coax cable and managed to get my self freeview in my bedroon... the tv down stairs is connected to another aerial and does get freeview but not as many channels.....
MY PLAN ... to connect the downstairs tv to my new aerial. MY freeview is set up like so .... aerial to booster .... to tv ....... so i first tried to connect the downstairs tv by adding an extra piece of coax to the existing piece so it would reach the spare output socket on my booster.
YES it worked all the same channels as upstairs except 1 (virgin1) ... so i went and had a look ... the booster has a gain switch on it so i turned it up.......this made things worse...... now the upstairs tv was distorted....... so i turned it down......no help.....so i checked all connections and just redone them to be sure........now here is where it gets really strange . now i can get the upstairs tv to work only when i unplug the downstairs coax from the booster but the same is NOT true for the downstairs 1 it gets nothing now........after scratching my head for a few days i decided a new piece of coax would help
i bought a kit from maplin that had 25m of coax 2 connecors and a booster . i took the new coax fitted the connectors and wired it up to the existing booster. upstairs tv fine down stairs tv nothing.

since doing this i have tried all manner of things to try and get the tv downstairs working...
i have tried switching around the cables and outputs
i have connected it straight to the aerial NOTHING
i have connected it straight to the aerial but added the booster right next to the tv NOTHING
i even tried aerial to booster to 25m coax to booster to booster to tv NOTHING (i know)
at the moment it is back on its original aerial and has the channels i started with
has any 1 any ideas why i can't get the same channels as upstairs
my limited knowlege says that if the upstairs is getting it then by connecting the downstairs to the very same booster they should get the same

AERIAL.....i forget the name but its for digital tv
BOOSTER...http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...27097#features...... I HAVE 2
TRANSMITTER ....... DURRIS
.any help is needed and appreciated SORRY FOR THE ESSAY