Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Snowpiercer - The TV Series !

Watched the film Snowpiercer off of the back of a recommendation on here and loved it. (FILM)

Now looking to turn the story into a TV series. http://www.empireonline.com/movies/n...finds-tv-home/

The last time a television series was set on a speeding train was 1979’s Supertrain, which derailed (sometimes you have to go for the obvious) after only nine of the most expensive episodes of the medium ever produced up to that time. Now, some 37 years later it’s been decided to give the concept another try, only this take is based on the 2013 Chris Evans sci-fi film Snowpiercer, which has been given a pilot order with backup scripts for a potential series by US network TNT about a year after the project was first announced.

What the show and film have in common is that the setting is a new ice age, which was ironically triggered by attempts to counter global warming, and the only surviving members of humanity have no choice but to stay aboard as the vehicle perpetually makes it way around the world. The film was set in 2031, when the Snowpiercer has become something of a generational train. A caste system is firmly locked into place, but it’s heading towards revolution. The show, on the other hand, will be set only seven years after the deep freeze, presumably showing the evolution of this new form of society.

The feature’s director and co-writer, Bong Joon-ho, explained his fascination with the concept by noting, “The first thing that grabbed my attention was the unique cinematic space of a train, and the vision of hundreds of metal pieces moving like a living snake carrying people squirming inside. And the people inside were fighting against each other after being divided into separate and distinct cars — they were not equal in this Noah’s Ark-like contraption that held the last survivors of Earth.”

Overseeing the show is Josh Friedman, whose film credits include writing War Of The Worlds (the Steven Spielberg version) and co-writing the (seemingly forever) forthcoming Avatar 2. He also served as showrunner/executive producer of the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

Ashley (23rd November 2016),  Mystical_2K (24th November 2016)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Snowpiercer - The TV Series !

must admit, i watched the film and thought it was excellent, hope they can pull off a decent tv series out of this.

Thanks to CallmeGoose

piggzy (23rd November 2016)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i watched that with the weird jelly stuff they were eating (rank!) - good film, cant wait for this, providing they do it right
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love my sci fi and had never even heard of this. Was a really good watch. Interested to see what they do with a TV show.

Thanks to mitchb

piggzy (8th December 2016)