Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention UK caused cholera, says Zimbabwe

UK caused cholera, says Zimbabwe

Robert Mugabe has said the West was plotting to use cholera to invade

The cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe which has left hundreds dead was caused by the UK, an ally of Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has said.
    Information Minister Sikhanyiso Ndlovu described the outbreak as a "genocidal onslaught on the people of Zimbabwe by the British".
    On Thursday, Mr Mugabe said the spread of cholera had been halted.
    But aid workers warned that the situation was worsening and the outbreak could last for months.
    In his comments to media in Harare, Mr Ndlovu likened the appearance of cholera in Zimbabwe to a "serious biological chemical weapon" used by the British.

The Zimbabwean minister for information blames Britain for the cholera outbreak

He described it as "a calculated, racist, terrorist attack on Zimbabwe".
    Mr Mugabe has already accused Western powers of plotting to use cholera as an excuse to invade and overthrow him.
    Earlier on Friday a senior South African Anglican bishop said that Mr Mugabe should be seen as a "21st Century Hitler".
    Bishop of Pretoria Joe Seoka called on churches to pray for his removal, the South African Press Association reports.
    His comments came as the US ambassador to Zimbabwe warned that the country was turning into a "failed state". We need to commit ourselves to assist the refugees from Zimbabwe... remembering that the one we call our Lord and Saviour was a refugee in Egypt, fleeing the Mugabe of that period, King Herod

Bishop Joe Seoka

Zimbabwe cholera is over - Mugabe
    Cholera is 'S African disaster'
    Failing Zimbabwe: Special report

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says the outbreak has not been contained and the death toll has increased to some 792 people, the AFP news agency reports.
    The WHO has warned that the total number of cases could reach 60,000 unless the epidemic was stopped.
    US ambassador James McGee blamed the outbreak on Zimbabwe's political crisis and the failed economic policies of its government.
    He told reporters in Washington that hospitals in Harare remained closed, there was no rubbish collection and people were drinking from sewers.
    See detailed map of cholera-affected areas
    President Mugabe's ruling Zanu-PF party and the opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) have been deadlocked in power-sharing negotiations for several months.

"The situation is truly grim. One man and his cronies - Robert Mugabe - are holding this country hostage," Mr McGee said, AP news agency reports.
    Bishop Seoka said that Mr Mugabe was a "person seemingly without conscience or remorse, and a murderer".
    Cholera has spread because of Zimbabwe's failing health system

"I believe it is now an opportune moment for all the church leaders to follow the retired Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu and the Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, to call on God to cause the removal Mugabe from the office of the President of Zimbabwe," he said, calling for the prayers to be held next Tuesday.
    "The church in South Africa has done this before with the apartheid regime and there is no doubt that God will hear our prayers even today."
    Several African and Western leaders have recently said it was time for Mr Mugabe to step down.
    Kenya's Prime Minister Raila Odinga said African countries should force him from power.
    But the African Union has rejected such calls, saying a solution to Zimbabwe's problems must come from the power-sharing talks.
    Bishop Seoka asked South Africans to show patience to Zimbabweans who have fled their homeland.
    An estimated three million Zimbabweans are living in South Africa, and thousands cross over the border illegally every day.
    More recently, hundreds have sought medical treatment because Zimbabwe's health service and water supply infrastructure have virtually collapsed.

Return to top

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7780728.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: UK caused cholera, says Zimbabwe

I do hope someone shoots this fecker in the head soon

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Funnily enough I was going to post exactly the same thing.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Funnily enough I was going to post exactly the same thing.
    I watched him giving a 'speech' on TV the other day, and thought exactly the same thing too!

Thanks
    Karma Level

if we started the cholera outbreak there is a bright side it will reduce there aids crisis

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Count me in, I was also going to say it's about time somebody killed this cunt!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post

Personally I hope he dies of Cholera.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Buhahaha, how ironic would that be?

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post

Yeah that would be more funny

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm struggling to understand exactly why this cunt is still alive.

Thanks
    Karma Level

simple there is no oil in zimbabwe or any other decent thing the west can
    manipulate

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    I'm struggling to understand exactly why this cunt is still alive.
    i say the same thing about gerry adams every time i see him in the news

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by baggy13 View Post
    simple there is no oil in zimbabwe or any other decent thing the west can
    manipulate
    You're a twat you know that - the number of times I hear this shit argument for why the UK isn't doing anything is ridiculous and it's always by complete retards who haven't done their research. Zimbabwe has quite a few mineral resources - coal, platinum group metals, gold and diamonds.

Go grow up and think up your own arguments.

P.S. Yes he does deserve to die, but if he gets cholera we're obviously to blame

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing I find interesting is no-one has commented on the validity of his claim that we are responsible for the cholera outbreak. As much as it sounds like absolute madness, I was briefly speaking to the ex vice president of the People's Party of Sierra Leone a couple of weeks ago who told me England does try to cause problems for Zimbabwe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    You're a twat you know that - the number of times I hear this shit argument for why the UK isn't doing anything is ridiculous and it's always by complete retards who haven't done their research. Zimbabwe has quite a few mineral resources - coal, platinum group metals, gold and diamonds.

Go grow up and think up your own arguments.

P.S. Yes he does deserve to die, but if he gets cholera we're obviously to blame
    I don't think he's a "twat" he has added a valid point which has also been validated by the actions or lack of actions of countries like the UK and USA depending on the possible rewards available from their intervention and the reason we have earned our title of the 3rd most hated race on the planet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

While I agree that pretty much all wars are based on some form of financial gain I'd like to throw this one into the equation KOSOVO.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I don't think he's a "twat" he has added a valid point which has also been validated by the actions or lack of actions of countries like the UK and USA depending on the possible rewards available from their intervention and the reason we have earned our title of the 3rd most hated race on the planet.

He's added a non point that's drilled into mindless fools by the likes of Michael Moore. It's politics for dummies pure and simple and I think my point about mineral resources in the country should obviously prove it completely wrong. There's many more reasons to not getting involved than lack of oil - do you honestly think that we've made money out of the war in Iraq?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    As much as it sounds like absolute madness, I was briefly speaking to the ex vice president of the People's Party of Sierra Leone a couple of weeks ago...

Your right.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He's added a non point that's drilled into mindless fools by the likes of Michael Moore. It's politics for dummies pure and simple and I think my point about mineral resources in the country should obviously prove it completely wrong. There's many more reasons to not getting involved than lack of oil - do you honestly think that we've made money out of the war in Iraq?
    So anyone with a different opinion to yours is mindless?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

No basically you are calling him a twat for having a different opinion to yours and I don't think the mineral resources prove your point either as the other african nations wouldn't stand back and allow it they/we choose our targets, manipulation of other countries is the favorite pass time of the west for financial, political or tactical position.
    I was in the Philippines when the US was trying to save the corrupt leader Marcos right up until the end totally against the peoples wishes and purely for the fact he was a "friend" of the west and saw some of the propaganda printed at the time when I returned to the UK.
    And no I don't think we have made any money out of the Iraq war but that was clearly not the intension as the carved up all the contracts between the UK and US, I also lived and worked in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia and also saw a lot of news that opened my eyes to the propaganda we get fed here for example a big article in the UK papers about if they should let Saudi Arabia have the spy planes when in actual fact they had sold them 2 of them over a year before with one constantly in the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast