Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Work Harassment By Manager - And Insults Where Do I Stand Lads??

K basically one of my 2 managers has been pissing me off lately.

Basically belittling me etc.And is in certain terms bullying.

Although it doesn't bother me.he doesn't know that,and keeps trying.

BUT where there's a blame there's a clame. (heres my question)

Its a BIG company i work for,but a small workforce in our room.Of whom i get on very well with 97%.

Now there's a Christmas tree with a fairy on, And it has my name on it. Which is funny.

BUT what if i didn't find it funny,cough cough!!!

And i wanted to take it as Harrasment to my sexuality,and play that card.

if i took it to citezans advice got advice,and the courts etc.

What type of payouts is potentially available.

lads in work would all back me up.

Any ideas lads.You here about these cases all the time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Work Harassment By Manager - And Insults Where Do I Stand Lads??

Personally I'm the sort to give as good as I get rather than going down that route. The feeling of belittling your boss in front of all your colleagues is absolutely priceless.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck off, if you want advice on how to rip your employer off, while making a mockery of any laws in place to protect employees, do it somewhere else.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Fuck off, if you want advice on how to rip your employer off, while making a mockery of any laws in place to protect employees, do it somewhere else.
    There is no winnng with some people, the guy is trying to get some advice, if you dont agree, dont reply, dont get involved!

On the flip side if he had said that it really hurt him, and it was upsetting him ( and being serious about it ), he would start getting stick telling him not to be such a p***y

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you really were being harassed you would be expected to approach your boss or HR and make them aware of the situation, and the fact that you are uncomfortable with it. They need to be given the chance to fix the problem before you can go squealing to the courts.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It doesnt matter if you mind or not, it simply shouldn't happen. It is still bullying! ask if you can have a word with the manager in question and just tell him that your getting to the point were you are not finding it funny any more and want it to stop. Tell him you are putting on a brave face so has not to look upset in front of the others.

Then sow the seeds with your other manager if you get on with him by casually saying to him that you are getting sick of it all the time and have had a word with the other manager. If it persists then go to HR and explain that you have had a quiet word but its not stopped and you want to put in a grievance.

Problem is you may find it funny now but it will go to far and you may lash out and it will be you that gets into trouble.

This isn't about getting money out of your employer, but putting a stop to your boss taking the piss. I mean its not your employer that is a fault unless he knows about it and doesnt do anything about it.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

As much as I've given my input which didn't support the original idea, personally I think your post is ott. Employers shouldn't breach their legal duties - fact which I would like to see you argue with.

At the end of the day, it's rare for an employer to genuinely give a shit about an employee. Most will extract maximum work for minimum money until it's no longer workable. If I was feeling this and I knew of a way to screw a company, I would.

The only time in my life I've ever screwed a company was when we were told we had to do a shift that blantantly broke a few h&s laws - I possibly could have soldiered it out with no effect to my health but the person I was partnered with couldn't. When she complained, we were told we could stay or go home (meaning not to return). As a result of leaving, I ended up not formalising an agreement regarding around £2k I owed the company and naturally I never bothered, whilst reminding them it would be against the law to make any deductions to any pay owed without my written consent. To sum it up - if they take the piss, then why not take the piss back.

Edit: I think GTI may be right on this one.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    Should throw this one in the legal section mate to be honest...you're a VIP.. and possibly think about re-wording it.

I applaud your honesty (I mean that mate, your being straight up).. in this situation, but you're probably gonna get a bit of a lashing from some guys on here.

Whilst you're there though, why don't you say your boss offered to give you a payrise for a good ass bangin!

One thing I will say mate, is that it's not as easy as that, by that I mean just taking it to the CAB, in cases like this, it all needs to look non pre-determined on your part, and judging by your post, that is gonna be pretty tricky to do... Also mate, I don't know how much you value your employers, but something like this could put a black mark on anyones file, for life and possibly ruin any chances of them attaining future employment in the same responsibility/pay scale, do they have mortgages? Kids? etc.. etc...

You really should think this through, again, then again and again mate, this could easily blow up in your face.
    Thats a fair shout m8, One thing i wouldn't worry about is what happened to the manager,As ive seen him intentionally fuck people up in this job,and go out of his way to.and would do it to me and tries 100%

Overcarl and BBshark wrote what i was going to say to this.and put it very well.

So forget the employer is giving harrasment to my sexuality, And I couldnt give 2 shits about my employer,this wouldnt exactly end them FFS! As if they would think twice about bumping me off.

Quote Originally Posted by bbshark View Post
    It doesnt matter if you mind or not, it simply shouldn't happen. It is still bullying! ask if you can have a word with the manager in question and just tell him that your getting to the point were you are not finding it funny any more and want it to stop. Tell him you are putting on a brave face so has not to look upset in front of the others.

Then sow the seeds with your other manager if you get on with him by casually saying to him that you are getting sick of it all the time and have had a word with the other manager. If it persists then go to HR and explain that you have had a quiet word but its not stopped and you want to put in a grievance.

Problem is you may find it funny now but it will go to far and you may lash out and it will be you that gets into trouble.

This isn't about getting money out of your employer, but putting a stop to your boss taking the piss. I mean its not your employer that is a fault unless he knows about it and doesnt do anything about it.

the lash out point is a good point,has happend,and gets me in trouble.So how is that fair.I do have a short temper,so usually end up worse off with the managers.Even though everyone can see whats going on in terms of what he is trying to do.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    As much as I've given my input which didn't support the original idea, personally I think your post is ott. Employers shouldn't breach their legal duties - fact which I would like to see you argue with
    And I'm sure that if the OP did approach HR with his grievance they would act on on their legal obligations pretty sharpish.
    If anything most companies these days over-react to claims like this for the very reason that the OP wishes to exploit.
    Last edited by GTI; 15th December 2008 at 07:25 PM.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    And I'm sure that if the OP did approach HR with his grievance they would act on it pretty sharpish on their legal obligations.
    If anything most companies these days over-react to claims like this for the very reason that the OP wishes to exploit.

Why am i exploiting a LAW. I am a law following citizen,who pays all my taxes,and does a 9-5.

And im getting harassment to my sexuality, and i find that highly insulting.to the point of break down.

Thats how i could of wrote it.

Im not exploiting the law.Its there for this reason.

Regardless how i feel deep down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lmao!

We've got some interesting views and opinions here, I'd just work through it and keep a record of this, maybe even some photos or dependable witnesses (you said they'd back you up) then leave it. If the boss is a real cunt and not just out for a quick laugh he'll carry shit on and then you'll have a catalogue of offences to use against him when he really crosses the line.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    There is no winnng with some people, the guy is trying to get some advice, if you dont agree, dont reply, dont get involved!

On the flip side if he had said that it really hurt him, and it was upsetting him ( and being serious about it ), he would start getting stick telling him not to be such a p***y
    I gave him good advice, fuck off and ask his question somewhere else. I'm not sure what is happeneing to this place but some of the posts recently make it look like a fucking holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle Show (thanks Frankie).

Personally, and this is my opinion to which I'm entitled, if he takes his employer to court over some trumped up sexual harrassment charge and wins a huge payout, then he's a cunt. The law exists to protect the most vulnerable individuals from being preyed upon. Not so some fucker can make a few quid by exploiting it.

At no time does his post suggest he's doing it for any other reason than to make money. As for the op's comment 'they can afford it'. Some fucker will end up paying for it, probably one of your colleagues.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got to agree with CJ here.

At the OP you need to grow a pair and fight back, if you go down this route you will be unemployable when you leave the place and labelled a crybaby. If you are truly serious take it your own HR and see what they think and also discuss with your union.

Thanks
    Karma Level

same here Bert, quick buck bob I`m afraid.

Laws are there to protect people who genuinely are "harrased" as you state your not arsed by the mangers actions then you are not harrased/suffering harrasment.

Fight back if your that bothered, if not then remain the xmas fairy

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

Out of interest where do you work?

Probably worth printing out this thread and giving it to the companies lawyers just to nuke your chances of ripping off everybody else.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Read this a few times over and sounds like your being the cunt rather than your boss and perhaps you colleagues are just humoring you.

two sides to every story this sort of shit boils my piss happens all to frequently that this country has gone pc mental and people like you (in this post) seem to decide to fuck over your employer.

Grow a spine or post the truth IMO

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I ask you to re-read your own original post & imagine you were reading it from someone else who was going to exploit their disability or colour or different culture in the same way as you are proposing.

Yes, it's pretty fucking shameful.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree with what the last few posts have said - it sounds like your in it for a fast buck. If you were deadly serious you would have posted this in the legal section, but you know that if you fuck about in that section you'll get banned.

if you are serious, take photos, make notes, and go to HR. I wouldn't bother talking to the manager in question - chances are he will just rip the piss even more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jw_2000_uk View Post
    K basically one of my 2 managers has been pissing me off lately.

Basically belittling me etc.And is in certain terms bullying.

Although it doesn't bother me.he doesn't know that,and keeps trying.

BUT where there's a blame there's a clame. (heres my question)

Its a BIG company i work for,but a small workforce in our room.Of whom i get on very well with 97%.

Now there's a Christmas tree with a fairy on, And it has my name on it. Which is funny.

BUT what if i didn't find it funny,cough cough!!!

And i wanted to take it as Harrasment to my sexuality,and play that card.

if i took it to citezans advice got advice,and the courts etc.

What type of payouts is potentially available.

lads in work would all back me up.

Any ideas lads.You here about these cases all the time.
    i got a big idea lad what a complete pile of crap
    in this day and age of a nanny state this is the sort of crap you dont want to see loser

800 odd posts

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    i got a big idea lad what a complete pile of crap
    in this day and age of a nanny state this is the sort of crap you dont want to see loser

800 odd posts
    I reckon that about sorts it . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast