Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mobile provider can't match their own deal?

My phone contract is up at the end of the month so I was having a quick look on Uswitch and noticed that there was a deal available with my current provider. I gave them a call asking if I could have the deal but they told that it was only available through Uswitch and they wouldn't match it. I spent about an hour on the phone haggling with them and ended up having to cancel my contract completely and now they won't even port my number over even though I'm effectively wanting to stay with them. I don't understand how on earth they cannot offer me the same deal. They couldn't even get close. The best they could offer was £8 a month more expensive but with less data allowance! Anyone know what the hell is wrong with them?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mobile provider can't match their own deal?

"Brand new customers only'.... I've had the same problem with O2 for the last few years. It depends who you speak to at the time.

2 Thanks given to MHP

Over Carl (10th January 2017),  TJB (10th January 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been with every provider over the years and they're all shite but O2 were the shitest of them all.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Move to tesco mobile or giffgaff they both use o2 network and are cheaper than o2

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

move to giffgaff - thats what i did in the end, was with o2 for years and got fuck all out of them so told them to shove it
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been with O2 and Three for many years (O2 to start with and most recently). I found Three retention department were excellent but unfortunately signal in my area is a problem hence going back to O2. Not only are O2 deals incredibly uncompetitive, their retention department didn't even bother trying when I told them about the deal I was moving to.

I have moved to EE, I think the deal is unlimited mins/text, 15GB 4G data (inc their super 4G where available) for £20/month sim only. There are even better deals through BT Mobile but I needed WiFi Calling which is only on EE at the moment. I wish I moved years ago, I din't realise how good WiFi calling was! It's like having a femtocell wherever you have WiFi and the normal signal is decent enough in my area and as they are the largest provider I imagine coverage across the UK is better too. I was with BT Mobile very briefly but they do not have visual voicemail which is crucial for my work phone, I bought the EE Signal Box but don't even need it with WiFi Calling.

You should be able to port your number though, what exactly have they said to you about that? I think they have to legally port it on your request, just ask for you PAC code.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    You should be able to port your number though, what exactly have they said to you about that? I think they have to legally port it on your request, just ask for you PAC code.
    They've changed their mind about that. I've spoke to three different people and go a different answer from each one. I've basically had to give 30 days notice to end my existing contract and once that is over they can port my number to my new contract. Same provider though. Fucking madness.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    They've changed their mind about that. I've spoke to three different people and go a different answer from each one. I've basically had to give 30 days notice to end my existing contract and once that is over they can port my number to my new contract. Same provider though. Fucking madness.
    Did you get a good deal in the end? So many of these piggy back companies such as Tesco, GiffGaff, BT Mobile (even though they now own EE), ID Mobile etc. have amazing deals if you don't want any of the host networks more 'advanced' features. EE are being really competitive now though, before the only major network that seemed to offer really good deals was Three.