I have just been informed that my department is going to be no more within the UK and being migrated to Budapest to save costs, which will happen throughout Europe but for now the UK is the cheapest option so they will be first to go. We have been advised that we are currently in our 30 day consultation period so it could all change (but we know its pretty much set in stone) but the plan is that there are 4 of us losing our jobs, i am the most senior there, so by the end of April the plan is to lose the 3 guys working under me and then I should say on until the end of June (unless something amazing comes up and i decide to leave early)

Obviously there is going to be an offer of a redundancy package and also a retention payment, no one has had one of these within the team so i was wondering how much that could be? Also can we contest the figure if offered? My initial thoughts are to see it out to the end as that will take me through to July and maybe start to apply in June for jobs to get an immediate start in a new place even if its for a slightly lower package.