Car advice.

Thread: Car advice.

mij said:

Default Car advice.

Hi, I am looking for recommendations on a car for my daughter that is cheap to buy and run.

I am looking to spend around 3500.00 to 4000.00, it also needs to be cheap to insure and tax.

It will only be used for driving in and around London carrying herself and a toddler.

I have been looking at around 2010 versions of the Hyundai i10, VW Up, Ford Fiesta, should I be looking at anything else or avoiding any of these?

Thanks for any advice.

plug1 said:

Default Re: Car advice.

A Honda jazz is good reliable car ,you would have to take a hit on the year as they hold there price .

evilsatan said:

I always think a fiesta is a good choice, I had one for my first car (albeit an R reg), parts are easy to come by and guides for Maintenence on various forums. Maybe consider a VW Polo, smart car (I imagine easier to travel and park around London and I think they are supposed to be safe too).

Oily said:

Toyota Aygo,Citrion C2/3
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

mij said:

Thanks all, off to look at a Nissan note later.

pratman said:

how about a seat ibiza, its basically a VW polo but much cheaper, and they are very reliable cars, and parts are cheap to replace, otherwise you could look at a skoda fabia, pretty nippy too, again VW basically but much cheaper. otherwise maybe a renault clio

mij said:

Thanks again to everyone, I got her an 09 Nissan Note 1.6 Tekna and she loves it.