Best roaming sim for USA trip.

Thread: Best roaming sim for USA trip.

maltloaf said:

Help Best roaming sim for USA trip.

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice for mobile connections whilst I'm in USA for a couple of weeks later this month.

My missus and I are both on Vodafone sim only contracts, but Vodafone charge 5 a day to use your allowance over there which would mean 140 for both of us for the whole trip - I don't mind paying this if it's my only option - and I'd like to know how well it works if anyone has any experience ?

I also am an existing three customer and their contracts now include 'feel at home' which includes the USA at no extra cost - a 1 month sim with plenty of data etc, is about 22 - a no brainier but again only if it works well.

Does anyone have experience of roaming in USA and if there are any other options ?

Many thanks,

Malty
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Book i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    iPhone X 256GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

Ashley said:

Default Re: Best roaming sim for USA trip.

I went with California and Nevada last year and it worked fine on my three mobile.

It just connects to local networks etc and I used it for satnav and stuff too.

Ashley said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Alleged savings last year

piggzy said:

5 a day. Robbing cunts. It's the principal imho.

maltloaf said:

Have just ordered 2 three payg sims on the all in one 20 plan. The advisor online said they would be good to go for feel at home coverage in the USA for 20 each. Cheers guys.
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Book i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    iPhone X 256GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB