I have a lead that runs through my block of flats to what I suppose is an aerial in the loft in my neighbours property (I'm not sure) with a proper aerial socket in my living room.
It was working on a few channels, but ones like Dave, Pick & Quest were pixelating something fierce.
So, I Popped to Wickes and invested in an all singing all dancing High Gain Freeview Digital Aerial and I've been up a ladder sorting it out all day. Absolutely pointless, because it remained exactly the same.
So, I put it all down to a shit signal area.
This evening, in my wisdom and by pure luck, I thought "Let me try ramming a fork in the end of the aerial cable to see what happens".
(Notice the signal strength on the TV - top bar, it was Red and at around a quarter with both 'Aerials' earlier.
When I put it down - perhaps I'm earthed or something, it jumped to the full bar!!!
Go figure, it's now setup that way permanently behind my sofa and needless to say, the aerial is going back tomorrow!
There is no trickery involved here and I am pissed that the fork behind my sofa (only touching the centre core of the aerial cable) has out performed the ACTUAL tool for the job!!!
Result now it's on the floor, tucked away under my sofa.