The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

Thread: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

  1. Threatbot1's Avatar

    Threatbot1 said:

    Info The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Cyber crime these days is far more sophisticated, and continues to grow at a staggering rate. High-profile cybercrime is at an all time high, it is no longer a case of where they can "reverse-engineer" coding, it has gone in to the field of digital electronics.
    Combating the extent of what hackers attack is not easy, the figures below are from 2015 and are global figures.

    Social Security $1
    DDOS as a Service ~$7/hour
    Medical Record >$50
    Credit Card Data $0.25-$60
    Bank Account Info >$1000 depending on account type and balance
    Avg Cost per Org $15 Million
    Mobile Malware $150
    Spam $50/$500K emails
    Malware Development $2500 (commercial malware)
    Exploits $1000-$300K
    DarkWeb Transactions $60 Billion
    Facebook Account $1 for an account with 15 friends



    Total:
    Global Cybercrime Market: $450 Billion - $1 Trillion


    Notice Facebook are rated the lowest to a hacker, but multiply the figure by the number of Facebook searches per day, which is currently at 2 Billion per day! Those searches are mainly hackers using the search for people and email addresses, to hack their accounts.
    The most asked question on hacking on Google is: "how to hack a facebook account"?
    The chances of you finding anyone that will divulge that information is very low, because you can guarantee, its a teen!
    Most hackers just give them malicious links for asking such info... to teach them a lesson.

    In the InfoSec industry we have a saying "The adage is true that the security systems have to win every time, the attacker only has to win once. Dustin Dyke

    I would never use Facebook myself, with all the reconnaissance I have done on one that company over the years, you would not believe the sheer and unimaginable amount of your privacy that is placed online. Remember, Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp - Yet, none of them are the worse contenders that leak your privacy, one App even knows your name, before you even signup for their services!




    The worse App out there is "SnapChat", I will reveal why in another article, and include another on Facebook including what goes on behind the scenes - you will be shocked!

    I write cyber security articles for businesses, I plan to cut some of them down and publish them on DF. Every article does go in to great detail.
     
  2. CzarJunkie's Avatar

    CzarJunkie said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Buhahahahaha, you tit. For an 'infosec' professional you should really do a better job covering your arse.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  3. prezzy's Avatar

    prezzy said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

     
  4. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    JUST GRABBING THE POPCORN AND A FEW BEERS, nothing good on TV anyhow

    Quote Originally Posted by Threatbot1 View Post
    Cyber crime these days is far more sophisticated, and continues to grow at a staggering rate. High-profile cybercrime is at an all time high, it is no longer a case of where they can "reverse-engineer" coding, it has gone in to the field of digital electronics.
    Combating the extent of what hackers attack is not easy, the figures below are from 2015 and are global figures.

    Social Security $1
    DDOS as a Service ~$7/hour
    Medical Record >$50
    Credit Card Data $0.25-$60
    Bank Account Info >$1000 depending on account type and balance
    Avg Cost per Org $15 Million
    Mobile Malware $150
    Spam $50/$500K emails
    Malware Development $2500 (commercial malware)
    Exploits $1000-$300K
    DarkWeb Transactions $60 Billion
    Facebook Account $1 for an account with 15 friends



    Total:
    Global Cybercrime Market: $450 Billion - $1 Trillion


    Notice Facebook are rated the lowest to a hacker, but multiply the figure by the number of Facebook searches per day, which is currently at 2 Billion per day! Those searches are mainly hackers using the search for people and email addresses, to hack their accounts.
    The most asked question on hack1ng on Google is: "how to hack a facebook account"?
    The chances of you finding anyone that will divulge that information is very low, because you can guarantee, its a teen!
    Most hackers just give them malicious links for asking such info... to teach them a lesson.

    In the InfoSec industry we have a saying "The adage is true that the security systems have to win every time, the attacker only has to win once.” — Dustin Dyke

    I would never use Facebook myself, with all the reconnaissance I have done on one that company over the years, you would not believe the sheer and unimaginable amount of your privacy that is placed online. Remember, Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp - Yet, none of them are the worse contenders that leak your privacy, one App even knows your name, before you even signup for their services!




    The worse App out there is "SnapChat", I will reveal why in another article, and include another on Facebook including what goes on behind the scenes - you will be shocked!

    I write cyber security articles for businesses, I plan to cut some of them down and publish them on DF. Every article does go in to great detail.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  5. Threatbot1's Avatar

    Threatbot1 said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Buhahahahaha, you tit. For an 'infosec' professional you should really do a better job covering your arse.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Okay, Brian

    Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    So, you think I am the same guy as the Bl4Ck0r4Cle - just because he posted the same figures on Cybrary.it. You need to check people out before assuming, what may look obvious. The Bl4Ck0r4Cle is well known on Twitter, by authors, journalists, US Reporters, ANONYMOUS, and many other people. He has a huge following, but I dont.

    If you are an Admin then check his IP address on here with mine, they will not be the same. Admins can see IP's on vBulletin scripts.

    I am on Cybrary.it, just ike about 1 million others but check the forums and you will see that we talk to one another, I certainly do not chat to myself. Check their knowledgebase, and you will see that there is articles relating to a new programming language. 4 people on the team including me and Bl4Ck0r4Cle.

    There is many big differences between him and me, firstly he is UK based and I'm not - but my VPN is in London, not linked to any ISP or leaking my DNS.

    There is only one person on these forums that knows who I am, and its none of you on this thread.

    I joined this forum for one reason, but as of yet I have not had any replies from the Admins. It is about the security of this website which has critical security holes, for some obscure reason no Admin has replied. I was asked by Bl4Ck0r4Cle to check the security of this website, because he said it is a "sittin-duck".
     
  6. Bald Bouncer's Avatar

    Bald Bouncer said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Threatbot1 View Post
    Okay, Brian



    So, you think I am the same guy as the Bl4Ck0r4Cle - just because he posted the same figures on Cybrary.it. You need to check people out before assuming, what may look obvious. The Bl4Ck0r4Cle is well known on Twitter, by authors, journalists, US Reporters, ANONYMOUS, and many other people. He has a huge following, but I dont.

    If you are an Admin then check his IP address on here with mine, they will not be the same. Admins can see IP's on vBulletin scripts.

    I am on Cybrary.it, just ike about 1 million others but check the forums and you will see that we talk to one another, I certainly do not chat to myself. Check their knowledgebase, and you will see that there is articles relating to a new programming language. 4 people on the team including me and Bl4Ck0r4Cle.

    There is many big differences between him and me, firstly he is UK based and I'm not - but my VPN is in London, not linked to any ISP or leaking my DNS.

    There is only one person on these forums that knows who I am, and its none of you on this thread.

    I joined this forum for one reason, but as of yet I have not had any replies from the Admins. It is about the security of this website which has critical security holes, for some obscure reason no Admin has replied. I was asked by Bl4Ck0r4Cle to check the security of this website, because he said it is a "sittin-duck".
    I picked you as Black Orifice after the first post you made on returning and I wasn't the only one, you may think you are enlightening the mushrooms but you are in many cases mistaken

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  7. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Threatbot1 View Post
    Okay, Brian



    So, you think I am the same guy as the Bl4Ck0r4Cle - just because he posted the same figures on Cybrary.it. You need to check people out before assuming, what may look obvious. The Bl4Ck0r4Cle is well known on Twitter, by authors, journalists, US Reporters, ANONYMOUS, and many other people. He has a huge following, but I dont.

    If you are an Admin then check his IP address on here with mine, they will not be the same. Admins can see IP's on vBulletin scripts.

    I am on Cybrary.it, just ike about 1 million others but check the forums and you will see that we talk to one another, I certainly do not chat to myself. Check their knowledgebase, and you will see that there is articles relating to a new programming language. 4 people on the team including me and Bl4Ck0r4Cle.

    There is many big differences between him and me, firstly he is UK based and I'm not - but my VPN is in London, not linked to any ISP or leaking my DNS.

    There is only one person on these forums that knows who I am, and its none of you on this thread.

    I joined this forum for one reason, but as of yet I have not had any replies from the Admins. It is about the security of this website which has critical security holes, for some obscure reason no Admin has replied. I was asked by Bl4Ck0r4Cle to check the security of this website, because he said it is a "sittin-duck".


    Just out of curiosity where are you based ? in the UK or somewhere else?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  8. satzzz's Avatar

    satzzz said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    My guess is that he's Andrew Morris from Washington DC

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....
     
  9. satzzz's Avatar

    satzzz said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Take a look at Andrew Morris (@Andrew___Morris): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....
     
  10. CzarJunkie's Avatar

    CzarJunkie said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Threatbot1 View Post
    Okay, Brian


    .
    How the fuck do you know my name? I thought you were full of shit, but maybe I was wrong?

    I've gone to defcon one, I might not be around for a while, sayonara folks.
     
  11. DavidF's Avatar

    DavidF said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    How the fuck do you know my name? I thought you were full of shit, but maybe I was wrong?

    I've gone to defcon one, I might not be around for a while, sayonara folks.
    Watching you, Watching him, Watching you, Watching him....He knows what you know, but he knows that you know what he knows...but then you knew that anyway....huhuhuhuhuhahahaaaaaa BRIAN
     
  12. satzzz's Avatar

    satzzz said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    I'm Brian and so is my wife.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....
     
  13. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    I`m Brian
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  14. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    I am Negan !
     
  15. BigBrand's Avatar

    BigBrand said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Blame Chelsea

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
     
  16. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    How the fuck do you know my name? I thought you were full of shit, but maybe I was wrong?

    I've gone to defcon one, I might not be around for a while, sayonara folks.
    You fucking told me ur name was Nigel. What else was lies about our time together. The car park, the ford cortina, the chorizo dips? I bet your not even a Pisces...


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  17. Threatbot1's Avatar

    Threatbot1 said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    How the fuck do you know my name? I thought you were full of shit, but maybe I was wrong?

    I've gone to defcon one, I might not be around for a while, sayonara folks.
    lulz..
    "I thought you were full of shit, but maybe I was wrong?" Why would I be full of shit? I am not a writer of "Fake News" thats all MSM.

    If you are looking for fake news I can tell you I don't have any, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.
    Skills I have acquired over a very long career.
    Skills that make me a nightmare to many people.
    If you give me your ID, I promise to only sell you only on the darkweb, and that'll be the end of it.
    lulz

    Define: CzarJunkie
    Originally derived from the russian word for somebody who pleasures their anus with a wooden spoon. But more commonly used now for any facination with anal pleasureing with any kind of kitchen utensil.

    The most recent case being an un named man from Leeds UK. Who was caught in the kitchenware department of a local store attempting to insert a Kenwood Chef Food processor into his back passage. This was only discovered when store staff follewed a trail of extension leads into the carpark where the man was found writhing pleasure whist trying to have sexual intercourse with the exhaust pipe of a 1993 ford mondeo.

    The shock, the horror! ��
     
  18. Threatbot1's Avatar

    Threatbot1 said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Just out of curiosity where are you based ? in the UK or somewhere else?
    Well Mickey, I'm definitely in Manchester - My VPN is set on London, its either there or Ireland. The latency drops too much the further I go out.
     
  19. prezzy's Avatar

    prezzy said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Threatbot1 View Post
    So, you think I am the same guy as the Bl4Ck0r4Cle - just because he posted the same figures on Cybrary.it. You need to check people out before assuming, what may look obvious. The Bl4Ck0r4Cle is well known on Twitter, by authors, journalists, US Reporters, ANONYMOUS, and many other people. He has a huge following, but I dont.

    If you are an Admin then check his IP address on here with mine, they will not be the same. Admins can see IP's on vBulletin scripts.

    I am on Cybrary.it, just ike about 1 million others but check the forums and you will see that we talk to one another, I certainly do not chat to myself. Check their knowledgebase, and you will see that there is articles relating to a new programming language. 4 people on the team including me and Bl4Ck0r4Cle.

    There is many big differences between him and me, firstly he is UK based and I'm not - but my VPN is in London, not linked to any ISP or leaking my DNS.

    There is only one person on these forums that knows who I am, and its none of you on this thread.

    I joined this forum for one reason, but as of yet I have not had any replies from the Admins. It is about the security of this website which has critical security holes, for some obscure reason no Admin has replied. I was asked by Bl4Ck0r4Cle to check the security of this website, because he said it is a "sittin-duck".
    Ummm ok - I don't actually give a shit

     
  20. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: The Hackers Economy - Facts & Figures

    Please no one say lulz anymore.

    Maybe if i were someone else i would concentrate on making amends and not trying to antagonise members you know nothing about that actually matters...

    Heres an olive branch. U gonna burn it or keep on?

    When it comes to hacking, there on folks on here that are far from n00bs...

    #justsaying


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]