Recording IPTV?

Thread: Recording IPTV?

Nibb said:

Default Recording IPTV?

With CS looking increasingly like it's on its last legs does anyone know if it's possible to record IPTV similarly to a hard drive on an enigma2 box?
    Be nice to have that functionality if you aren't able to watch a show live?
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday ó what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

reverend said:

Default Re: Recording IPTV?

You can mate, but you will need to pay for multiroom assuming they offer it as if you try and record something you're watching the box will go and request another stream from the provider.

At least that's what I found testing IPTV with the latest OpenVIX image - another thing that is a pain is that the streams can stop dead and it's not handled properly so your IPTV recording will just abruptly stop without warning so you may potentially miss something you wanted to record.

I've got a Mag box packed away somewhere I keep meaning to try again - some providers are also offering catchup type services which may mean you don't need to worry about recording.

Nibb said:

Is it possible in the latest openvix then fella?
    If so what Plugin are you using?
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday ó what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DJ Overdose said:

How are the Koreans doing it with the web-ripped movies? Open stream on PC and then record it with VLC or something? TMpgenc? Don't enigma2 (VU2+) boxes record RMTP?

DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

dss56 said:

I know this is an old thread but I do have IPTV with a mag box. I record in real time.
    I use a hdmi splitter 1 in 2 out, 1 out to tv and the other out to a HD recorder Avermedia 310 recorder. Records great.

Only problem is IPTV and if KODI are not reliable, as the picture could freeze stop all kinds of things and ruins the recording. If it does record completely its great quality in HD using the Avermedia. No time settings you have to be there to start and stop the recording.

Here in the states we need a splitter that will eliminate HDCP.
    If you dont use it will put a logo on screen and not allow you to record.
    Lots of people with sony game consoles use this to record them playing the games and need the HDCP splitter.

What is HDCP?
    HDCP stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source to the display. The format designed by Intel and licensed by Digital Content Protection, LLC using an authentication and key exchange procedure before video and audio is presented. Products compatible with the HDCP scheme such as DVD players, satellite and cable HDTV set-top-boxes, as well as few entertainment PCs requires a secure connection to a compliant display, the process often described as the handshake. Due to the increase in manufacturers employing HDCP in their equipment, it is highly recommended that any HDTV you purchase is compatible. Although most video devices support high-definition video over component output, analog connections are scheduled to phase out in the future or possibly forced to limited resolutions output.

Sanj[UK] said:

Quote Originally Posted by dss56 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I do have IPTV with a mag box. I record in real time.
    I use a hdmi splitter 1 in 2 out, 1 out to tv and the other out to a HD recorder Avermedia 310 recorder. Records great.

Or..you find a provider which allows recording to a usb? A good provider should have 7 day history for the popular channels

DJ Overdose said:

But how is the PPV stuff recorded? Like live sport or those cinema movies from korea i mentioned? Lol

Is it just a screen recorder on the PC?

DJ OD

Nibb said:

I just donít bother trying to record IPTV even though I have a multi room sub - if I miss anything itís readily available on kodi so itís not worth the hassle - I just use my zgemma recording function for freesat
    Karl Pilkington

DJ Overdose said:

I’ve got sky (hacked of course) and that records.

Im just curious what programs can intercept streams and directly record to file.

DJ OD

Sanj[UK] said:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    But how is the PPV stuff recorded? Like live sport or those cinema movies from korea i mentioned? Lol

Is it just a screen recorder on the PC?

DJ OD
    So for IPTV Express / VooDoo, the iptv provider (not reseller) has to enable the option and then the box will just record whatever's playing on the stream. No idea what its using but I'm assuming its stream recorder as it's still an android box.