W10 - Transfer of progs, files etc

Thread: W10 - Transfer of progs, files etc

ivrytwr3 said:

Default W10 - Transfer of progs, files etc

Hey all.

My desktop went bang and i have been using a lappy for a few months now where i have installed progs, emails etc...............

Is there an easy way to copy stuff from lappy to new desktop both OS W10?

I have seen this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But i don't fancy spending 30 to transfer files over - anyone know where i can get a...er free version?!

Last edited by ivrytwr3; 5th May 2017 at 05:07 PM.

akimba said:

Default Re: W10 - Transfer of progs, files etc

Clonezilla your laptop HDD and then fix the driver issues when you boot it up in your desktop?

MHP said:

Quote Originally Posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    Hey all.

My desktop went bang and i have been using a lappy for a few months now where i have installed progs, emails etc...............

Is there an easy way to copy stuff from lappy to new desktop both OS W10?

I have seen this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But i don't fancy spending 40 to transfer files over - anyone know where i can get a...er free version?!

Laplink PC mover Express, Microsoft special offer for 10.95. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ganty said:

How much stuff are you talking about?

Like akimba said a clone utility is the easiest way, however just be wary of program installtions and drives they are installed to. If you're laptop only has one drive this shouldn't be an issue.

ivrytwr3 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    Laplink PC mover Express, Microsoft special offer for 10.95. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    saw this but was after the Pro version as it moves apps too.

ivrytwr3 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    How much stuff are you talking about?

Like akimba said a clone utility is the easiest way, however just be wary of program installtions and drives they are installed to. If you're laptop only has one drive this shouldn't be an issue.
    1 x drive 500gb although the lappy has a d drive which includes a drivers folder and recovery stuff.

josweet said:

If u want to grab stuff easily and manually, then you can use Linux Mint live CD. Either write to disc or USB stick & boot. Full functionality of an O/S which you can them drag and drop what u want to keep.
    Really easy for all your docs, pics music ect... but no good for already installed applications.