Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default IPTV peoples experiences?

I wasn't sure where to post this, Iv'e had a Mag 256 several weeks now and new it wasn't going to be perfect but thought it would be an improvement over kodi.

I've been to busy to give it a proper test but really fancied watching the fight this morning.....

I wish i stayed in bed i was flicking from one channel to another every time it froze, turning the box on and off just to try and keep the fight going... I got that stressed I ended up switching it off and getting a feed off facebook.

When i do a speed test on my Mag i'm getting 60mbps so it's defo not my internet speed so i can only assume it's server side or this is as good as it gets with IPTV and live events?

Cheers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: IPTV peoples experiences?

Sounds like a poor provider I'll send you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to jaygo

JONNYG (27th August 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed. With most providers you'll find the bigger the event, the more grief you'll have. Certainly the case for me.
    From what I've read there's about 5 or 6 major sources. These are then distributed thru' sellers and resellers. I suppose you could see it as wholesalers, supermarkets, shops and market stalls, if you put it in grocery terms.
    With big events like last night and the bigger football games the demand increases massively on the servers. Servers can't feed all the people all of the time so feeds stutter and glitch at best but are more likely to stall and buffer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had access to a few different providers last night and all were pretty poor, cutting out regularly, finally found one that was back on within a second of cutting out so didn't miss anything but had RSI as cut out every 60 seconds

. Working fine this morning for the reruns, so guessing it was the volume of people

Typically the shared password I was using initially, worked for all the undercards and cut out and blocked just before the main event.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had it a few months now and to be honest, overall it's been pretty poor, I'm using UKSat.
    I used it in VLC and it was OK quality wise but quite often some channels would have no sound and that kinda defeats the object of having it on a TV.
    Use it on Firestick with Perfect Player and after a while find that it starts going into some weird repeat mode, every 5 minutes or so it goes back 5 seconds, then it starts getting more frequent and longer, then it just repeats 10 seconds again and again.
    Use it on my ZGemma H2S with iPab build and that's just feckin useless, goes out of sync very quickly.

I'm giving it one last shot .. just ordered a MAG 256 but think that the line they've given me isn't compatible so will need to buy a new line. They've recently lowered their price to £60 a year, wondering if that's because it's garbage and they're losing customers or because they're now getting a good customer base that lets them lower the price.

Like you, I don't expect perfection, but something that I can actually watch a full film on would be good.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AspectUK View Post
    I've had it a few months now and to be honest, overall it's been pretty poor, I'm using UKSat.
    I used it in VLC and it was OK quality wise but quite often some channels would have no sound and that kinda defeats the object of having it on a TV.
    Use it on Firestick with Perfect Player and after a while find that it starts going into some weird repeat mode, every 5 minutes or so it goes back 5 seconds, then it starts getting more frequent and longer, then it just repeats 10 seconds again and again.
    Use it on my ZGemma H2S with iPab build and that's just feckin useless, goes out of sync very quickly.

I'm giving it one last shot .. just ordered a MAG 256 but think that the line they've given me isn't compatible so will need to buy a new line. They've recently lowered their price to £60 a year, wondering if that's because it's garbage and they're losing customers or because they're now getting a good customer base that lets them lower the price.

Like you, I don't expect perfection, but something that I can actually watch a full film on would be good.
    I don't want to put a dampner on your last shot AspectUK but iv'e experienced the no sound and the the repeat mode thing (but not as severe as you) and i'm on a mag 256 i'm also with UKsat.... ha

Is pretty much all your VOD down aswell?

Have you tried any other providers? I only ended up getting a month with UKsat so will be trying another provider soon but i guessing they all have there issues.

Thanks to JONNYG

AspectUK (27th August 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest I don't bother with VOD really .. I just can't be arsed with it, it's all in Alphabetical order but I'd prefer it was a bit more easy to navigate - like Kodi, the latest movies and latest TV shows are how I've found a lot of the better stuff, scrolling through 100's of names and then searching for them on IMDB to see if they're any good is a bit of a ballache. Would be better if it was categorised somehow. If I want to watch something specific I just use torrent.

I haven't tried any other providers, I got my ZGemma line off them and it seemed to be OK at first so I plumped for a 6 month sub of IPTV when that went tits up.

It seems to be down quite a lot, they keep saying they're either moving to a bigger and better server when I visit the forums (which is a different forum every time I visit, they must of filled a datacentre the number of new servers they've said they've got in the last few months) or they did a schoolboy error with something and it can't be fixed yet because the guy is on holiday, I don't begrudge anyone holiday but feck me, he must be raking it in the amount of times he's been away lately .. at least put someone who knows what they're doing in charge.

I joined the Facebook group when it was live and before he toddled off on his jolleys, I remember reading a post that said he was putting some guy in charge of the group and if anyone moaned about it being down to just kick them off and ban them!

Good to know I've just wasted £80 on a 256 and it'll make no feckin difference

If you try another provider and it's better let me know, happy to pay for a decent service.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Happy to help anyone out on here

Just need to get my inbox sorted waiting on Rap sorting my VIP

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, my MAG 256 came this morning. Ebay £80.
    Initially a little disappointed as I thought they all came with WiFi by default and mine doesn't, noob mistake and I guess it's only a couple of quid for an adapter.
    Set it up and asked for a 24hr test line that was ready within 15 minutes. Setup the box, a little confused with the remote at first but a quick Google solved that.
    Gotta say, it's a world away from the ZGemma or the FireStick with Perfect Player, watched the second half of film The Shallows in HD and completely glitch free, no stupid repeat loops and perfect picture quality.

Think I'm gonna get a 12 month sub in a couple of weeks when I got the pennies.
    Highly recommended

Thanks to AspectUK

JONNYG (30th August 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Good to see yours is behaving AspectUK, who's your 24hr trial with mate?

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JONNYG View Post
    Good to see yours is behaving AspectUK, who's your 24hr trial with mate?

Cheers
    It's with UKSat! I was pretty shocked it was as good as it was after your experience.
    Watched Spectre this afternoon (although the EPG suggested it was The Prestige) and again it was flawless from start to finish in great quality HD.

Very happy up to now

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

OK cheers AspectUk, I think I will have a shop round as I still don't know if my experience is down to the box, my Internet or server side but by the sound of things it's something my end.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched 'The day the earth stood still' earlier (finished around 6:40) in HD and again, it was flawless. I'm guessing it muggy be something your end

Thanks to AspectUK

JONNYG (1st September 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just an update, Iv'e just recently moved to another provider and all the issues i had have gone the only one that is still there is the blue screen but i know thats down to the age of my T.V so happy days.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have mixed feelings for this Mag Box, on bootup it automatically goes to Italian tv in the scroll list,is there anyway of it booting to one of my choice.
    Other concerns ,sometimes it will stutter and lag,especially at crucial moments in footy or boxing and then will go back to a certain point and repeat the action.
    After testing the speed using speedtest Iam getting about 18mbps through wifi which is ample for streaming.
    But when watching a decent film on SLY it will buffer and lag
    Very dissapointed even the kids have sacked the idea and use the laptop streaming to watch the footy instead

Are there any options other than subscribe to a ripoff source.

Ta

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cleanrite View Post
    I have mixed feelings for this Mag Box, on bootup it automatically goes to Italian tv in the scroll list,is there anyway of it booting to one of my choice.
    Other concerns ,sometimes it will stutter and lag,especially at crucial moments in footy or boxing and then will go back to a certain point and repeat the action.
    After testing the speed using speedtest Iam getting about 18mbps through wifi which is ample for streaming.
    But when watching a decent film on SLY it will buffer and lag
    Very dissapointed even the kids have sacked the idea and use the laptop streaming to watch the footy instead

Are there any options other than subscribe to a ripoff source.

Ta
    Message me mate
    But I would say go wired every time

Thanks to jaygo

cleanrite (16th September 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive been having issues as above, was using a zgemma s2 was told for iptv to get the i55 so did got them to sort the box out and most chans "that work" are glitch free.
    but all the VOD stuff no longer working and EPG is shit at best.
    £120 for a line thats tbh wank.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've tried UKSAT on IPTV, and I've decided for my main box it's worth spending £22 PM for my Sky TV with Sports which includes Movies via PLEX on the firestick.

I ever hear is shite service on the big times you really want it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tried watching the end of the Arsenal vs Chelsea match and the United vs Everton match yesterday and it was completely unwatchable, glitching every 10 seconds, move to another channel (LQ, HD, HQ etc) and then 10 seconds later .. glitching.
    Obviously IPTV is perfect if you want to watch something that no-one else is interested in

Thanks
    Karma Level

Who are all you using for your provider? the wireless dongle on a mag265 isnt great, mine is wired in at all times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast