Knackered S6, can I retrieve data?

Thread: Knackered S6, can I retrieve data?

rmj2663 said:

Help Knackered S6, can I retrieve data?

Hi, My S6 has given up the ghost. I dropped it and now the LCD panel has packed up, so I can t get it to work at all.
    I have a lot of stuff on it like photos etc. Is there a way to retrieve the data, as my PC cant access it now.
    Just says no photos available.

Any help appreciated

plug1 said:

Default Re: Knackered S6, can I retrieve data?

buy a new screen its easy to replace , if your not confident to do it pm me .

rmj2663 said:

Cheers Plug, been looking at the costs involved, new screen seems to be running out at £150ish
    Is this about right? Just wondering if its worth doing, retrieving data and then selling, as I'm due an upgrade anyway.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by rmj2663 View Post
    Cheers Plug, been looking at the costs involved, new screen seems to be running out at £150ish
    Is this about right? Just wondering if its worth doing, retrieving data and then selling, as I'm due an upgrade anyway.

Yes or £100 from Aliexpress and a 2 week wait. I have had one off ali in the past to repair a friends and it was a genuine Amoled screen. Probably cheaper than paying a phone shop to retrieve your data.

plug1 said:

search for faulty ones with good screens ,that are on auctions rather than buy it now .

Mobileman said:

Copy s6 lcd around £65 or gen £110

I have heard you can get an dongle you plug on Samsung and it pops it on tv straight away without needing any working display and then outputs on tv so you can do what need Iíll try find model number out tmrw and full info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plug1 said:

Or even buy a cracked screen that still works .you get one for buttons ,