Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

Looking for broadband only deal when i move house soon, TalkTalk and Sly are definite no no's so does anyone use Now TV?

Their deals are...

NOW TV Combo: Unlimited Fibre Broadband with Entertainment Pass & Phone 12 month broadband discount

26.99 p/m

Unlimited reliable fibre Broadband.
    11 top pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic
    Over 250 box sets on demand
    12 months discounted Broadband
    12 broadband activation fee discount

Or...

NOW TV Combo: Unlimited Broadband with Entertainment Pass & Phone 12 month broadband discount.

19.99 p/m

Unlimited reliable Broadband
    11 top pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic
    Over 250 box sets on demand
    12 months discounted TV
    12 broadband activation fee discount.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone use Now Tv for broadband only?

Did you know that Now TV is part of sly ? So their broadband is what you will get with sly
    and the speeds are pretty poor for broadband

38Mb
    (up to*) speed unlimited downloads

12 month contract

or the cheaper one is only 17mb

17Mb (up to*) speedunlimited downloads

12 month contract

12 month broadband discount (worth ?83.88)

?19.99 per month
    ?10.00 setup cost

I would look at BT myself

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Also "11 top pay TV channels including Sky Atlantic" costs 6,99 a month so it's a penny more.

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Did you know that Now TV is part of sly ? So their broadband is what you will get with sly
    and the speeds are pretty poor for broadband

38Mb
    (up to*) speed unlimited downloads

12 month contract

or the cheaper one is only 17mb

17Mb (up to*) speedunlimited downloads

12 month contract

12 month broadband discount (worth ?83.88)

?19.99 per month
    ?10.00 setup cost

I would look at BT myself
    The problem with BT is you have to tie yourself in with them for 18 months and the setup fee they charge can be between 30 and 70 quid, unless i'm reading it wrong.

Broadband comparison

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Put your details in uswitch (post code) there is monthly contract ones at 75 meg for around that price.
    You don't need any of the TV now TV things as its freely available in the right places

Thanks
    Karma Level

A mate at work was cold called by BT he was a sky customer. They offered him a 30 day rolling contract for free broadband, only pay line rental. he gets 16.5mb so hes happy enough not to go for fibre. I wonder if this is a deal they will roll out?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got Now TV unlimited fibre, had it a few weeks now, it's exactly the same as the Sky unlimited fibre, even down to the fact that the Sky router worked perfectly after I'd been transferred over to Now TV, my new router appears to be a rebadged SR102.

It's all been good so far, and for around ?20 a month all in, it does what I need it to.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Put your details in uswitch (post code) there is monthly contract ones at 75 meg for around that price.
    You don't need any of the TV now TV things as its freely available in the right places
    That's with TalkTalk though, and i don't want them they have pissed me about since July at my current address, charging me 50 quid a month for terrible speeds, and a dodgy tv box, i'm going to cancel my DD with them when i move to try to get some money back off them.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    That's with TalkTalk though, and i don't want them they have pissed me about since July at my current address, charging me 50 quid a month for terrible speeds, and a dodgy tv box, i'm going to cancel my DD with them when i move to try to get some money back off them.
    SSE and a few others do a 1 month sub

https://sse.co.uk/phone-and-broadband#item1

like I said put your deets in the postcode finder and it will show you all the deals out there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Am also looking for new deals on my BB as now out of contract. I was looking around and some good deals on Plusnet but I was with them previously and although the BB is fantastic if you touch the telephone your Bill doubles and I CANNOT get the other half to not do that, so not an option for me.

Anyway as I was browsing I saw a very good deal for the top (BT Based) fibre, the 80MB Deal, unlimited use, including line rental, and including Evening and Weekend calls for about ?30 ish off the top of my head from John Lewis.
    I thought John Lewis , fuck that what do they know about BB, small print said it is provided by Plusnet, so in my mind, plusnet service at a much lower price than direct with plusnet. Thinking about signing up in the next couple of weeks.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Am also looking for new deals on my BB as now out of contract. I was looking around and some good deals on Plusnet but I was with them previously and although the BB is fantastic if you touch the telephone your Bill doubles and I CANNOT get the other half to not do that, so not an option for me.

Anyway as I was browsing I saw a very good deal for the top (BT Based) fibre, the 80MB Deal, unlimited use, including line rental, and including Evening and Weekend calls for about ?30 ish off the top of my head from John Lewis.
    I thought John Lewis , fuck that what do they know about BB, small print said it is provided by Plusnet, so in my mind, plusnet service at a much lower price than direct with plusnet. Thinking about signing up in the next couple of weeks.
    This is it, and it is provided by Plusnet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

be careful with john lewis i know on there standard bb they have network management not sure about there fibre,

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue924 View Post
    be careful with john lewis i know on there standard bb they have network management not sure about there fibre,
    Speeds
    Download
    Up to 17 Mb

This is an 'up to' speed.
    Upload
    Up to 1 Mb

This speed related to how quickly you can upload files.
    Traffic management may apply.
    Usage limit
    Truly Unlimited

"Truly unlimited" broadband is perfect for heavy downloaders, student households or families sharing their connection because it does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management. This lets you download as much as you want, whenever you want, with your broadband speed acting as the only restricting factor. Some packages offer "unlimited broadband" without a fair usage policy but with traffic management to make sure that very heavy downloaders do not affect your connection at peak times.
    Excess Usage

If you exceed the usage limit, John Lewis will notify you by email and you will be charged ?5 for every additional 5GB of usage

got that from the compare site once I entered my postcode, the ?5 per 5 meg is a deal breaker if I was going for that option. Looks like there is no excessive usage on the 38m fibre from what I can see

Thanks
    Karma Level

Speeds
    Download
    Up to 17 Mb

This is an 'up to' speed.
    Upload
    Up to 1 Mb

This speed related to how quickly you can upload files.
    Traffic management may apply.
    Usage limit
    Truly Unlimited

"Truly unlimited" broadband is perfect for heavy downloaders, student households or families sharing their connection because it does not apply either a fair usage policy or traffic management. This lets you download as much as you want, whenever you want, with your broadband speed acting as the only restricting factor. Some packages offer "unlimited broadband" without a fair usage policy but with traffic management to make sure that very heavy downloaders do not affect your connection at peak times.
    Excess Usage

If you exceed the usage limit, John Lewis will notify you by email and you will be charged ?5 for every additional 5GB of usage

got that from the compare site once I entered my postcode, the ?5 per 5 meg is a deal breaker if I was going for that option. Looks like there is no excessive usage on the 38m fibre from what I can see
    Yeah looked on the website and as you say it Traffic shaping does not seems to apply to fibre. Same as plusnet which I previously had and cant see it being any different for resellers. Might take a punt after xmas just incase there are some January offers about ;-)

Edit: To add it is basically same package as Plusnet for a bit less but includes eve + weekend calls (which plusnet charge for), so factoring that in it is sort of ?15 a month cheaper.