Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: investing in crypto

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Not possible. To get some XRP you would need to buy Bitcoin first using the exchange of your choice. Then use the Bitcoin to trade for XRP.
    You can fund Kraken from a bank account (Fidor is good for the charges on a SEPA transfer) then buy XRP directly

Thanks to hoponbaby

piggzy (19th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    You can fund Kraken from a bank account (Fidor is good for the charges on a SEPA transfer) then buy XRP directly
    They must had added more coins. Last time I checked kraken it was BTC, ETC & LTC... will give them another look. Cheers

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not quite sure how to take this...

http://www.businessinsider.sg/the-sw...-his-bitcoins/

Tactical move or sensible withdrawal?
    Time will tell, I'm sticking with it for now, although does feel as if the boats been missed.

Time machine required to go back to October 17!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post

Time will tell, I'm sticking with it for now, although does feel as if the boats been missed.

Why not go back to 2010 when 1 Bitcoin was less than $0.50.

Thanks to ilscuro

DejaVu (19th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Coinbase now has Bitcoin cash available anyone know whether it's worth buying?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Coinbase now has Bitcoin cash available anyone know whether it's worth buying?
    Who know's whether any of them are good or just the latest pump & dump?! I did but some of them at E400 is and they sat there for ages so sold them at E600 ish quite happy, bloody things are now E2800

Thanks
    Karma Level

With a huge pinch of salt imho

I see it as the teddies leaving the pram and so do a lot of others. He can in my opinion see that in the Mid Term Bitcoin will no longer be the number 1 Crypto and will be replaced by any number of now far more technologically advanced crypto's
    Whether it is one of the Hard Forks or one of the complete alts at some point it's crown will be taken. Its blockchain needs changes to continue.
    I by no means think it will fail or vanish but it wont be the number 1 forever.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

See litecoin owner sold all his stock also citing conflict of interest, due to his influence [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Watching my cash slowly go down, but going to wait it out. I reckon it's the negative reaction to these announcements. Perhaps it will shoot back up, perhaps it won't. Time will tell.

Either they are making a mistake or know something we don't.... Hmmm.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Watching my cash slowly go down, but going to wait it out. I reckon it's the negative reaction to these announcements. Perhaps it will shoot back up, perhaps it won't. Time will tell.

Either they are making a mistake or know something we don't.... Hmmm.

I'm about ?80 down now but like you i'm in no rush so will just see what happens.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nearly sold a bunch of XRP yesterday as they went over 1 euro, paid .18 so still way up on them but still annoying

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yep been dropping alot of the past 24 hours but gonna stick it out
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bitcoin nearly halved in value over last couple of days.
    Its done it before and will do it again. Good time to buy :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is definitely a learning curve and I'm slowly getting to understand it, but it's costing me money being impatient and making mistakes and not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

So I thought I'd take a punt and after endless attempts at verifying identity with Coinbase finally got my account set up.
    I bought ?100 of each of BTC, LTC & ETH (Jesus .. anyone would think I knew what I was talking about with all the 3 letter bullshit I'm spouting!) I don't know why, I just thought why not? I didn't realise I'd get charged for buying this stuff, but hey ho .. now I understand it's just like going to the post office to buy currency, only a fuckin million times harder for someone who has no idea what they're doing.

So as I sat here for 2 days watching the Coinbase dashboard and nothing really amazing happening (except I actually made my initial purchase fee back across the board! Yay, go me!) I scouted around the web and have seen some coinage that I thought I'd like to take a punt on as a long term thing - BAT.
    But you can't buy this stuff through Coinbase?? WTF?

So I look into it and I find a different site where I can buy it, I managed to set up an account with Binance, you can buy it there, great, only you can't .. because you need to have coin in there and exchange it WTF? Aaaargh!!

Right, apparently I can transfer my Bitcoin from Coinbase to Binance .. oh cool, then I'll use that to buy the BAT .. hang on, how much in fees to transfer?? Fuck that!
    Oooh, LCH is much cheaper fees, I'll transfer that and then buy the coin I want .. this is easy.
    20 minutes later, LCH transferred, time to buy the BAT .. nope, you can't exchange LCH for BAT .. FFS!

OK, so I figured out that I can transfer LCH to BCT and then BCT to BAT.

I'm pretty sure there was an easier way to do this, but then at the beginning I had no idea what I wanted other than to jump on the bandwaggon and make some much needed pennies.

So now I have BCT & ETH with Coinbase and BAT with Binance.

Let's say that I wanted to sell this BAT at some point .. how the feck do I get it out of Binance and ultimately into my sweaty palms?

Thanks to AspectUK

piggzy (25th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AspectUK View Post
    This is definitely a learning curve and I'm slowly getting to understand it, but it's costing me money being impatient and making mistakes and not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

So I thought I'd take a punt and after endless attempts at verifying identity with Coinbase finally got my account set up.
    I bought ?100 of each of BTC, LTC & ETH (Jesus .. anyone would think I knew what I was talking about with all the 3 letter bullshit I'm spouting!) I don't know why, I just thought why not? I didn't realise I'd get charged for buying this stuff, but hey ho .. now I understand it's just like going to the post office to buy currency, only a fuckin million times harder for someone who has no idea what they're doing.

So as I sat here for 2 days watching the Coinbase dashboard and nothing really amazing happening (except I actually made my initial purchase fee back across the board! Yay, go me!) I scouted around the web and have seen some coinage that I thought I'd like to take a punt on as a long term thing - BAT.
    But you can't buy this stuff through Coinbase?? WTF?

So I look into it and I find a different site where I can buy it, I managed to set up an account with Binance, you can buy it there, great, only you can't .. because you need to have coin in there and exchange it WTF? Aaaargh!!

Right, apparently I can transfer my Bitcoin from Coinbase to Binance .. oh cool, then I'll use that to buy the BAT .. hang on, how much in fees to transfer?? Fuck that!
    Oooh, LCH is much cheaper fees, I'll transfer that and then buy the coin I want .. this is easy.
    20 minutes later, LCH transferred, time to buy the BAT .. nope, you can't exchange LCH for BAT .. FFS!

OK, so I figured out that I can transfer LCH to BCT and then BCT to BAT.

I'm pretty sure there was an easier way to do this, but then at the beginning I had no idea what I wanted other than to jump on the bandwaggon and make some much needed pennies.

So now I have BCT & ETH with Coinbase and BAT with Binance.

Let's say that I wanted to sell this BAT at some point .. how the feck do I get it out of Binance and ultimately into my sweaty palms?
    buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sounds like my first venture into crypto world.
    Somone suggested I make a Crypto for noobs guide... I will try get around to it :-)

The major stumbling block is the fee's , these can be minimized massively, maybe that it what I should write a post about.

One quick comment about it would be, when you want to transfer a crypto between exchanges, it works out much cheaper to buy a crypto with super low network fees and then transfer that.
    e.g. BTC, XMR, LTC and other big coins have super high network fees which cause you to lose way toooooo much on ?200, exchange the currency to some obscure shitcoin like BCN, move BCN between exchanges which costs 0.1 BCN (about $0.0001 ) then when it arrives change back to the currency you actually want e.t.c

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks to piggzy

AspectUK (25th December 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just checked and if I transfer around ?100 of ETH from Coinbase to Binance it works out at 0.25p in Network fees, that'll do for me.
    Right, next time I'll buy ETH and transfer that.

Hang on, if I then exchange it from ETH to BTC in Binance is there a fee?

Was thinking I could then buy XRP (Ripple) that everyones been banging on about.

I really need to go back to that Facebook group you recommended Piggzy, they approved me earlier

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by AspectUK View Post
    Just checked and if I transfer around ?100 of ETH from Coinbase to Binance it works out at 0.25p in Network fees, that'll do for me.
    Right, next time I'll buy ETH and transfer that.

Hang on, if I then exchange it from ETH to BTC in Binance is there a fee?

Was thinking I could then buy XRP (Ripple) that everyones been banging on about.

I really need to go back to that Facebook group you recommended Piggzy, they approved me earlier
    Fees trading within an exchange (if a margin trading exchange) are often just 0.1% sometimes less. It is moving exchange to exchange which counts as a withdrawal that then costs network fees (The fees of the coins blockchain as charged by the exchange). These can be shit.

It annoys me because I love XMR on paper , but would never move it between exchanges because it's fees take the piss. Some exchanges now charge (poundsign)150 to withdraw...... FUCK THAT
    You only need to use one of the top 10 coins to withdraw to FIAT(cash) so make sure you have enough to be worth it or leave it in there brewing you some more dollars.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to trade on horses pre-race on the Betfair exchange years ago and what you are doing is the same....... Trading.

You have to have a strategy for example:-

1. Entering
    You need to wait until the time is right to jump in and buy and not just jump in feet first.

2. Exit
    When you've made a certain amount you wanted, get out and don't get greedy thinking it's easy and you'll be a millionaire soon.

3. Stoploss
    Have a certain price in your head where you get out at a loss, small loss is better than a large one otherwise it's all over, of course you can hang on and hope the price rises but without a strategy you're in the dark and wandering about with no idea what might happen.

I wished there was only a need for 1 exchange rather than a few including a wallet elsewhere and I would have a dabble.

Good luck guys and I hope you think about a strategy.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Rhinoz

piggzy (26th December 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I use IQ Option for my trading. They have most of the big hitting Cryptos

Sent from my Philips Cellnet using a 12c508
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone using gdax?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast