Car check

Thread: Car check

TotallyRandom said:

Default Car check

Any of you nice gents able to do a car history check?

Missies is buying a Second hand car got a funny feeling about it so would love to get the background checked before she buys it.

Let me know if you can I'll PM you the registration.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BigBrand said:

Default Re: Car check

Drop me the reg and your email buddy.

WillD said:

HV11AYY

BigBrand said:

Quote Originally Posted by WillD View Post
    HV11AYY

Want a check?

piggzy said:

Bit fucking rude to just post your Reg without even asking if thats the case !!!

BigBrand said:

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Bit fucking rude to just post your Reg without even asking if thats the case !!!
    Init, was gonna reject it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WillD said:

Yeah sorry lads, I should have read it properly. If you don't mind, and it's no bother can you do a check on that reg? I bought it in the summer and drove it straight to Spain.

Teajunkie said:

Can you check a motor for me please fella?
    Daughters learning to drive and looking for a cheap motor.

YT52 MYC
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

BigBrand said:

Drop me your email TJ for cert

Teajunkie said:

Cheers fella.

Mickey said:

Where has the bloody DF etiquette gone
    I was always brought up with a please and thank you type of childhood, sadly this is slowly been lost over time
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Teajunkie said:

Thanks BB as a cat c insurance repair should we avoid this car like the plague?
    im not quite sure what’s best here.

JonEp said:

Just a heads up you can check for category write offs just by entering the VRN and millage as if your going to sell it here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can get the mileage from the last MOT here if needed [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Only mention it to save Bigbrand having to run searches on write offs.

BigBrand said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teajunkie View Post
    Thanks BB as a cat c insurance repair should we avoid this car like the plague?
    im not quite sure what’s best here.

No, not at all, that was written off a while ago on the basis the insurance company deemed the value of the repairs greater than the value of the vehicle. It then had a VIC pass (which in all honestly don't mean a huge amount, and have since been abolished).

Give the fact the vehicle has had new owners since, I wouldn't be put off by it, infact, for that vehicle age and value, I'd use it as a heavy negotiation tactic.

Have a look for similar spec vehicles and compare the pricing, to see where it sits.

I've also included a Glasses and CAPS valuation for you, you'll just need to compare mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    Just a heads up you can check for category write offs just by entering the VRN and millage as if your going to sell it here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can get the mileage from the last MOT here if needed [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Only mention it to save Bigbrand having to run searches on write offs.

Good shout buddy.

I do give them a certificate, which also includes a full spec check, Glasses and CAPS mid and live book valuation, along with details of number of former keepers, finance details and also plate transfer so if you're worried about a write off, use the above, if you want a more in depth response, let me know.

No time wasters and speculative checkers tho!

Over Carl said:

Imho buying a car that was previously written off is a higher risk gamble than a normal car purchase.

Insurance companies will normally estimate repairs based on price of new parts and manufacturer approved repair tevhniques, and for a Cat C they deemed the repair possible but not financially viable.

Sometimes insurance estimators cock up (earlier today I got a 1 series running that had blown a safety cutout device - insurance thought all as all the electrics were dead there would have been a massive electrical bill on top of the bodywork).

However more often than not, people will make the project viable by fitting used parts (normally unknown history and risk parts are older/more worn than the original broken part.

Also people will sometimes cut corners. E.g. my mum's written off her Merc I think 4 times. One time a lower wishbone got bent, and mounting is slightly bent meaning it's hard to fit the wishbone. Since then renewed all front suspension components and done 4 wheel tracking but car still chews through front tyres. Considering her low use of car Vs high cost to properly fix the issue we made the call to just keep going as it is.

BigBrand said:

Each to their own on previous write offs, and fully agree depending on damage area, and how it was bought and repaired, can mean someone trying to do it on the cheap.

sinister_monk said:

Hi Bigbrand, I wondered if you would do a vehicle check for this vehicle please.
    Nissan Primastar OE60 LJZ
    Thanks in advance

BigBrand said:

Done mate. Check your E-Mails

sinister_monk said:

Spot on, Many thanks