10 dollars in BTC

Thread: 10 dollars in BTC

BertRoot said:

Buying 10 dollars in BTC

Right I need to renew a membership and have to use bitcoin. How do I get enough to cover it in the simplest way possible. I do this every year and over the twelve months between payments I forget how I did it last time.

Anyone give me me a quick guide? Ideally I would like to use PayPal.

piggzy said:

Default Re: 10 dollars in BTC

I would forget using Paypal it is a nightmare.
    If you need $10 of BTC via paypal then you will be spending over $30 for it.

Occasionally there is a guy sells it on ebay and that will be more like $20 but not sure if that is still allowed on ebay or not.

If it has to be paypal then look at Virwox, you buy some virwox currency with paypal, then convert to BTC then withdraw but with all the fees it is like the amount I said above.

All the legit lower costs places will have a minimum of £100 maybe £50 at best.

Wish I had some BTC or I would happily bung you a tenners worth but mine is all tied up in alts crypto's atm which have dropped so much this month I cant touch em yet :-)

Perhaps some other kind gent can sell you some. Good luck.

Edit: Nearly forgot, try [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], used them in the past. Some want ID but some dont and you can get smaller amounts.

evilsatan said:

Coinbase is simple, will probably cost you £12-15 after the fees but I think it's the easiest.

BertRoot said:

My Coinbase account seems to be fucked. It wants to verify but doesn’t send me a mail to do that. Will try and change that address and see if it works. I have five days now...

piggzy said:

Have seen a fair few on forums saying how ID verification is currently not working properly on Coinbase and Bitfinix . Other say it is fine. Perhaps they are trying to slow down signups etc
    Also @ evilsatan I thought coinbase minimum was much higher than £10-£20 ??? I maybe wrong.

BertRoot said:

Ah sorted it. Managed to get it to issue a verification by using the mail I got when I signed up a couple of years ago. Sorted.

I verified my driving licence and it took about five minutes.

@Piggzy - I got 25 quids worth

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Ah sorted it. Managed to get it to issue a verification by using the mail I got when I signed up a couple of years ago. Sorted.

I verified my driving licence and it took about five minutes.

@Piggzy - I got 25 quids worth
    Good to know. Used to be min of £$100 forget which. Worth adding to my bookmarks again.

JonEp said:

CEX had a machine in-store, cash in BTC out.

Not sure if its every CEX but the one on Tottenham Court Road (London) has one on the wall behind the sell counter.

Edit: Just seen there in more stores.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    CEX had a machine in-store, cash in BTC out.

Not sure if its every CEX but the one on Tottenham Court Road (London) has one on the wall behind the sell counter.

Edit: Just seen there in more stores.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Music to my ears. Hope it's in my local store. Thanks for letting us know.