Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: John Lewis Broadband with FREE Google Home.

No. I don’t think so. They’ve been on at me to renew and keep my BT Sport discount.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Basically I think they massively oversell their service and have very poor contention ratios etc
    I had a funny idea but realistically it would be impossible to pull off.

Would be hilarious if everyone one month only paid half the money for their internet and send a note saying the payment was contended with other payments

Thanks to Over Carl

piggzy (17th February 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    No. I don’t think so. They’ve been on at me to renew and keep my BT Sport discount.

DJ OD
    I had this happen to me a couple of years ago. I missed the calendar alarm for my contract renewal and was charged a similar amount for a few months. Had a right go at them on the phone about screwing over loyal customers and they refunded me a couple of months payments and put me on the deal I'm on at the moment.

Thanks to MHP

piggzy (17th February 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Migration occurred at 4am WTF.

Anyhoo as expected much the same speeds as when I was with BT and still good VPN speeds. 74-76ish down VPN, 78-80 without. :-)

Really liking this router too. The control panel has a LOT of features mostly that I will probably never use but god does it look awful. Like a website from the early 90's.
    I think the firmware might be a John Lewis version though and I could probably flash the genuine Zyxel firmware if I wanted to.

Best coverage of any ISP free router I have ever had. Far better then BT and TalkTalk.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    I had this happen to me a couple of years ago. I missed the calendar alarm for my contract renewal and was charged a similar amount for a few months. Had a right go at them on the phone about screwing over loyal customers and they refunded me a couple of months payments and put me on the deal I'm on at the moment.
    Im gonna call them up and play them off against John Lewis. See what they offer. BT are always giving new customers gift cards and shit so I’ll see. I kind of need the BT Sport package. My neighbor pays for full sky and I get his “multiroom” so I have full sky as well. In return he uses my Wi-fi.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

Mickey (19th February 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im gonna call them up and play them off against John Lewis. See what they offer. BT are always giving new customers gift cards and shit so I’ll see. I kind of need the BT Sport package. My neighbor pays for full sky and I get his “multiroom” so I have full sky as well. In return he uses my Wi-fi.

DJ OD
    PMSL, great setup... and why not.

Thanks
    Karma Level

DJ OD
    Joeys halved the bill for me for 12 months (still bt sport £10 as well). They also said I was getting infinity 2 for price/contract for infinity 1. Tbh, speed matters not much for me. Everything i use dsl for works as good as me and Doris need it to. Didn’t even notice the upgrade so....

I checked briefly on a macbook the speed and was getting about 58/18

Now i would be interested in how well he google thing compares to amazon and apples one.

DJ OD

Thanks to DJ OD

Mickey (24th February 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now i would be interested in how well he google thing compares to amazon and apples one.

DJ OD

I did a load of research before going for the offer and pretty much every review I could find said the Google Home was the best. Sadly I missed delivery of the bloody thing today so will wait till Monday now before I can get it picked up.

The main points I read were the Google Home's speaker was far better than the other too. It also showed how Google Home could answer over 80% of questions asked where as the Amazon Alexa was around 30% (it had not data on the Apple one) .

Apparently there have been loads of bugs in the Apple one which every review basically said the same thing. Also the Amazon one is constantly trying to tempt you to buy from Amazon (obviously)

Plus too I suppose is with the Google Home it can voice recognize upto 4 (soon to be 6) people in the household, and pull up their calendar information/preferences etc.

Thanks to piggzy

DJ OD (24th February 2018)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12