Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Scammed on ebay again

I'd not sold on ebay for ages but as i'm moving house i needed to sell lots of stuff.

Firstly, list a kodi box, in perfect condition. a guy wins the bid, pays for it, and cancels an hour before i get to the post office. !

Then I sell a motherboard that had never been used to a guy. He then tells me it's knackered with bent pins and thermal paste on the socket lever. Wants to return it and i have to pay the return fees.

There's some real c*nts still out there.

so bloody angry.

MML
    Last edited by muttleymacclad; 9th February 2018 at 01:47 PM.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Scammed on ebay again

Te same thing is happening to me all the time.
    the new rules mean he seller is always wrong.

Except in my case where both eBay and PayPal have ruled in sellers favour even though my order was never delivered
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I never sold on eBay since they really screwed over sellers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed, never sell on there now, fee's, fee's, fee's and scammers.

GUMTREE is OK for cash in hand buys but limited exposure, similar with Facebook Marketplace.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah its best avoided, gumtree you will get lots of time wasters but usually someone pops round with the cash.
    I tend to stick to selling on forums or local now
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone tried Shpock? I've bought on there and it all went smoothly, but I've never sold.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    Anyone tried Shpock? I've bought on there and it all went smoothly, but I've never sold.
    I have, I put a large 3 seater sofa on there for £100, I was inundated with offer requests for sub £50. Eventually, I received a £100 offer and it was sold, but a lot of bargain resellers on there I think.

Thanks to BigBrand

MHP (9th February 2018)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's a shame Evilbay doesn't have any real competition otherwise they would go out of business.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Al the usual places like shpock and gumtree etc are useless down my way there’s not enough users locally.
    stuff sits on there for months and months.

Shame as ebay is a joke these days.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've advertised various vehicles on eBay for a number of years, which is generally OK as 99 times out of 100 they'd be on a Classified Advert so little to no eBay involvement. But for the past couple of year it seems to have died a death, and whereas years ago I could be pretty sure of selling within 1 listing, there is little to no response from the eBay ads and nearly all sales come via Auto Trader, so it's definitely falling out of favour with buyers too.

That said, I've had a nightmare with eBay this past week, they banned my account (or restricted it as they call it), for 7 days. Which wound me up as I'd just paid for 3 Classified adverts at £16 a time. I rang them up ranting at them (which I know doesn't really help and I'd have been better being "calm and collected", but they just can't see sense). I got through to an imbecilic Yank, who didn't seem to understand why I was miffed and still couldn't see my side of the argument for swapping details on an eBay Motors Classified listing (I had exchanged contact numbers with a potential buyer). Try as I might to explain that all eBay Motors Classified (it is a business registered account) works differently to a standard listing, in that there are no final value fees as all sales are conducted outside of eBay. He just wouldn't have it - THE GRADE A P***K

The sooner something new comes along and closes them down once and for all, the f***ing better.
    Last edited by tips; 10th February 2018 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ebay hasn't just become shit it's been shit for years, I think the last nail in it's coffin for being a viable outlet for sellers was removing the ability for sellers to leave buyer feedback.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Detector (15th February 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I run a leeds selling group on facebook with 37,000+ members and its great list almost anything and all local buyers, there are some pocket money scroungers offering change from back of their sofa but overall free and easy to buy & sell

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stopped selling on there over 10 years ago when they sided with a buyer who fucked me about for so long over a damaged DVD player that I couldn't rightfully claim off Royal Mail.

I make the odd careful purchase but that is about it.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I rarely sell but have been lucky in recent years, no issues. Years back I had problems with scammers claiming the money back after it was sent.

I've been invited to eBay concierge which I think is being rolled out to more people, if anything goes wrong with a transaction you have a dedicated team to help. Not had to use it yet but I googled for info and was some positive feedback!

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i sold a pc to a guy, i know the pc was fine with no problems, shortly after he bought it he sent me an email saying that the wifi range was very short on the pc. i tried to tell him that it was not the pc's fault and could be numerous other things but then he found other 'faults' each one i called his bluff and i said look just send it back and ill refund you but he kept it. there are id say 75% of all ebay buyers out there now willing to rip sellers off by either saying that the item never arrived OR finding silly and stupid faults with the goods.
    A wise man once said " "

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a few mishaps not just on ebay

I got myself a new Android box so I could watch something in the bedroom depot. This was fine till I turned the thing on only to see that it flickered. I then tried my other power supply from the one downstairs, this worked ok so I knew it was the power unit. I informed gearbest support telling them and on the complaint part of the form I put "I would take a partial refund of £27". after many many days of getting no where with the seller I finally got a partial refund of the £27. Not bad for a unit that cost me about £50

So now I needed a power supply unit for my new box. I went on Ebay and sourced what looked to be a UK seller and have relatively good feedback. Well the item was supposed to arrive Thursday/Friday but never arrived. I was away that weekend over at my partners so when I came back home I noticed a small red note from the Post Man. saying "your item is on the shelf". the postman had left it in full view at the side of my driveway and it was raining hard and the package was wet. Luckily the package was made of plastic so it was not waterlogged. I opened the parcel saw no signs of water so plugged it in. The thing worked without issues.
    So then on the ebay feedback system I gave this guy all 4 out of 5 stars except for the delivery part which I told them in a few short words regarding the postman. I left the feedback as neutral. Then a day later I gets a pm from the seller saying that if I reverse the feedback they will give me a refund, I explained that I did not know how to do this, anyhow after a few days of him sending me asking me to alter the neutral feedback I gets an email from ebay saying that I had been given a full refund of the unit and was able to turn the neutral feedback to something else. So altered the feedback to a positive and entered "seller gave refund".

so sometimes things can go well. I wasn't looking for a refund at all, just pi$$ed of with the postie that left it at the side of the driveway when he could have given it to any of the neighbours or even posted it back to the sorting office.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@mickey
    To be fair mate you left neutral feedback for something that was completely out of the sellers control.
    once posted he was at the peril of the postal service.

If there was an issue you should have contacted the seller and explained so he could claim for the damage.
    Leaving neutral feedback for something out of his control is unfair and part of the eBay feedback problem.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes I know, I did it more to say seller don't use the fking postal system use DHL or another courier that will make sure the item is safe. I have had issues with my mail going to the wrong address and times when they have left it on the back door mat. For what items are worth they are better alternatives than using the post office. I'm sick of complaining to them about this.

but its not as though I left negative feedback, this Chinese seller (found out later he was)for whatever reason was prepared to refund on it. I didn't really need the refund and I told him this, so when he did it I altered it to a positive. This is the only time a seller has gone overboard. Would I buy from him again YES.

Thanks to Mickey

Teajunkie (16th February 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

He was more worried about his ebay rating than his profits.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It’s Royal Mail they at shit!

Problem is if you sell something for £10 you would loose more money than you make if you sent it by dhl.
    i don’t touch Hermes they loose more parcels than they deliver and don’t get me started on yodel!!

My point is it’s not the sellers fault post is delayed, damaged, lost or other reasons so why reflect in his feedback?
    eBay doesn’t give chance for sellers to explain anymore either positive or nothing and that’s shit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast