Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

Thread: Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

  1. lombie's Avatar

    lombie said:

    Default Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

    Any advice or assistance in unblocking an old T-mobile Zest phone?

    The fella who works with me keeps breaking phones and has been given a really old (I think) phone with a Sim in but it says "Invalid Sim". I have an O2 PAYG sim but it won't work in the phone either. Pretty sure it's locked to T-mobile.

    IMEI is Removed

    Any ideas please?
    Last edited by evilsatan; 20th March 2018 at 02:16 PM.
     
  2. evilsatan's Avatar

    evilsatan said:

    Default Re: Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

    Removed the MEI for you mate, don't think you want to be posting those publicly.

    Do you know the actual model? May be on a sticker under the battery such as E110. You can ten search that model in ebay and often find people unlocking for cheap if it's by code generation and it's hand as you can check their feedback first. Looks like you may be able to do it for 99p for the E110 for example.

     
  3. lombie's Avatar

    lombie said:

    Default Re: Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

    Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Removed the MEI for you mate, don't think you want to be posting those publicly.

    Do you know the actual model? May be on a sticker under the battery such as E110. You can ten search that model in ebay and often find people unlocking for cheap if it's by code generation and it's hand as you can check their feedback first. Looks like you may be able to do it for 99p for the E110 for example.
    Ok cheers. Wasn't sure on the IMEI but see someone else had put theirs up before.

    The label just says T-Mobile Zest GSM 900/1800Mhz

    CE1588 underneath if that means anything.

    Edit: Google shows that the model is the CE1588. Will have a scan around.

    Cheers Evilsatan.
    Last edited by lombie; 20th March 2018 at 02:30 PM.
     
  4. lombie's Avatar

    lombie said:

    Default Re: Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

    Got the unlock code for free using:-

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Worked like a dream and the O2 sim is up and running.
     
  5. evilsatan's Avatar

    evilsatan said:

    Default Re: Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

    Nice one, I miss the old days of Nokia DCT unlocking using free generators on the internet.

     
  6. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Unlock an old T-Mobile Phone (Help)

    Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Nice one, I miss the old days of Nokia DCT unlocking using free generators on the internet.
    It was great wasn't it. A lot can still be done for free e.g. Samsung etc but it is iPhones that are not possible. Just another way for Apple to rip people off.