Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hob extractor into a shared passage way

Another day, another question!

Does anyone have any experience of regs regarding venting a cooker hob into this passageway?

it's open ended both sides, and has a curved roof. The location of our cooker hob extractor is meaning the vent would go directly out our brick wall and into the passageway at the very top.

I've spoke to next door and they're fine with it, but wondered if I would fall foul of any regs regarding venting of fumes into a shared passageway.

I dont expect it to be caked in grease etc, but certainly plan to wash it down every few weeks, as it gets covered in webs and such now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hob extractor into a shared passage way

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    Another day, another question!

Does anyone have any experience of regs regarding venting a cooker hob into this passageway?

it's open ended both sides, and has a curved roof. The location of our cooker hob extractor is meaning the vent would go directly out our brick wall and into the passageway at the very top.

I've spoke to next door and they're fine with it, but wondered if I would fall foul of any regs regarding venting of fumes into a shared passageway.

I dont expect it to be caked in grease etc, but certainly plan to wash it down every few weeks, as it gets covered in webs and such now.
    Dunno about regs but in a passageway next to my neighbors property that I walk through most days EVERYBODY is venting into it. It is narrow enough for one person to walk through and it had not only extractors venting into it but one property has those aircon boxes above head height constantly dripping. One is a business so I would assume they are doing it all legit as they get regular inspections due to being a butchers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hob extractor into a shared passage way

From what I've been reading if it's open at both ends it shouldn't be an issue.

Fuck it, they've said it's OK, so just going to vent it out that way I think. Easier than fucking about with recirc.