England's WC Squad 2018

Thread: England's WC Squad 2018

BigBrand said:

Default England's WC Squad 2018

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

BigBrand said:

Default Re: England's WC Squad 2018

That midfield is shocking, probably the worst I can remember since the 80s.

Delph, Loftus-Cheek, A-Arnold.

What's Welbeck done to deserve a call up? We must be going 3 or 5 at the back. Young to play LB I can see it now.

Footballs coming home, rather soon I'd expect.

ilscuro said:

Wow what a shit squad, at least the press wont be starting with the usual 'we're gonna win the world cup' bullshit.

TJB said:

That's the level England are at. We've allowed Sky and The Premier League to make it easier to buy a player who is already international class than develop an academy player. And the decent England players that make it are so over hyped it's unbelievable. I was listening to someone on the tele the other day banging on about Harry Kane like he was up there with Ronaldo & Messi. He'll struggle against the first decent defence he comes up against. I don't think we've had a genuine goal threat since Owen was at his best.

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I don't think we've had a genuine goal threat since Owen was at his best.
    If the midfield (most notably Alli) gave Vardy decent service he'd score handfuls. [/Leicester bias]

For whatever reason they seem determined not to pass to the guy.

BigBrand said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    If the midfield (most notably Alli) gave Vardy decent service he'd score handfuls. [/Leicester bias]

For whatever reason they seem determined not to pass to the guy.
    A new Instagram picture, at all costs most likely.