Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default DLC on pre-owned games?

I've been out of the loop for soooo long now, just picked up a PS4 with the intention of staying in more with the girlfriend so we can save money (she loves gaming), will probs be on the lookout for a used one too for her as there don't seem to be many (or any) decent 2 player co-ops unless they are online.

One game I have been itching to get is South Park, can pick it up for under £15 used but I remember reading somewhere that ways the developers were trying to keep up retail sales was to offer DLC content that is only valid for the original purchaser, so any pre-owned games are only half a game essentially. Is this the case? Are there any sites to see what you lose by going pre-owned on any games? Because I'm so late to the current gen consoles there must be a huge back catalog of awesome games that I can pick up for next to nothing now!

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: DLC on pre-owned games?

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I've been out of the loop for soooo long now, just picked up a PS4 with the intention of staying in more with the girlfriend so we can save money (she loves gaming), will probs be on the lookout for a used one too for her as there don't seem to be many (or any) decent 2 player co-ops unless they are online.

One game I have been itching to get is South Park, can pick it up for under £15 used but I remember reading somewhere that ways the developers were trying to keep up retail sales was to offer DLC content that is only valid for the original purchaser, so any pre-owned games are only half a game essentially. Is this the case? Are there any sites to see what you lose by going pre-owned on any games? Because I'm so late to the current gen consoles there must be a huge back catalog of awesome games that I can pick up for next to nothing now!

Cheers
    Entirely depends on the game mate. South Park (both Stick of Truth and Fractured Butt Whole) have decent enough campaigns without DLC anyway, so you'll get your money's worth.

For 2 player Co-op me and the mrs enjoyed Diablo 3, Don't Starve Together, Rayman Legends, Overcooked, Hidden Agenda (short but sweet)

This is a great site for coop game information, so have a butchers.

Thanks to Ganty

evilsatan (30th May 2018)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah nice one, will try those co-ops. She's played Hidden Agenda already and said it wasn't too good so rather than get that in the bundle I got Frantics. Not even unboxed it yet as if they drop in price over E3 will return, just they have been sold out for weeks so jumped on it when Argos got stock as they chucked in God of War too.

EDIT: That site is awesome, cheers mate!
    Last edited by evilsatan; 30th May 2018 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Overcooked is awesome local co-op but can get stressful ;-)

Thanks to akimba

evilsatan (31st May 2018)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Music Magpie has 20% off all pre-owns at the moment and 10% off new games in case that helps anyone, I picked up quite a few old decent titles for under a tenner each.