Close

Thread: Family

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Family

I went off with my cousin's ex misses....Cnut whatever....They were getting divorced ect and shit happened. This was 12 years ago now and that side of the family (basically the ones that share his surname don't talk to me nor my misses) No big deal for me Im a big boy and can take any of this on the chin...I made my bed ect ect ect.
    Trouble is that side of the family have also decried that any of the rest of the family who even so much as speak to us are cut off...they join the excluded gang...childish crap.
    So the cousin is the son of a now deceased anty...my mums sister (3 amigos if you like...3 welsh sisters who loved each other to bits). There is one sister left my aunty who reached out to us 5 years ago now and started accompanying us up to scotland on holiday to see my dad ect...pals for 60 years that sort of thing..aunty is 80 now.
    During the 12 years we have been together we have been excluded from their family events (understandable) which includes weddings funerals ect. But last year a a family member of the last remaining aunty died mid 40's of cancer....we offered not to attend but the family concerned insisted we should...so the other side didnt.....Which is pretty poor..but there ya go.
    Now yesterday was the funeral for another close friend - again we didn't attend so as to keep peace but last remaining aunty went ......the other family of my cousin were all there and most of them totally blanked her...I mean wtf she's 80 years old...there mum's sister...a harmless old lady who has not done "anything"......Most remarkable is the fact that the cousin who's ec wife im with DID go over and cuddle my aunty and made a fuss of her ect....But the rest of his brothers/sisters just gave blank stares and walked straight past.....All very eastenders style...
    BTW this exclusion from communication with the "family" extends to my 87 yo dad, My 60 yo sister ONE of my brothers but not the other...lol. It's all so......sad.

Now another cousin from the same family who was one of them who ws still talking to aunty has taken very ill....rest of the family have "banned" aunty and her family from visiting in hospital...it's all such a fuck up.

There ya go there's my whinge. There is a wise old saying somewhere..."you can choose your friends............."

4 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (30th July 2018),  Mario87 (20th September 2018),  Over Carl (17th July 2018),  WillD (18th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Family

Folk can be a bit funny.

My wife's side of the family behave like that. I keep well out of it all. Feud's and dummy spitting. Let em get on with it.

2 Thanks given to piggzy

DavidF (17th July 2018),  Over Carl (17th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree that's pretty pathetic behaviour but I suppose could be worse.

I've lost count of how many times I've heard of Sikhs (in India and over here) screw relatives out of inheritances. Happened to my old man, he got FA out of what he should have. Recently happened to a good mate of mine, his mum passed last Decemeber of dementia. He had been the one that looked after her right to the end, but it appears one of his sisters got to his mum while she wasn't all there and had the will amended so she got everything.

4 Thanks given to Over Carl

DavidF (17th July 2018),  piggzy (17th July 2018),  Sanj[UK] (18th July 2018),  WillD (18th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Family’s are all cunts.
    I only speak to my parents.
    My brother and sister are both assholes I have tried to keep in touch but it’s all my effort and none in return so one day around 8 years ago I stopped calling my brother and he hasn’t called back since.

My sister borrowed £500 and then refused all calls from me and even moved house I told my folks I didn’t care about the money but meh fuck them.
    My sister is married to my wife’s brother too and they don’t talk either and no one knows why?

my brother turned up at the hospital when I was told I had 6 months left, he cried for a bit then went home and haven’t seen him again.
    So family who needs them eh!

i have my wife and kids and that’s all I need.
    i consider myself a lucky man to still be here when so many others have lost their fight.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

5 Thanks given to Teajunkie

DavidF (17th July 2018),  Mario87 (20th September 2018),  Over Carl (17th July 2018),  piggzy (17th July 2018),  WillD (18th July 2018)  

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My dad fucked off with some bint when I was 22 - haven't seen him since.
    My mum used to catch buses/taxi's etc to visit his side of the family for several years, until she realised that it was all one sided and false.
    At my cousins wedding they were all luvvie duvvie with us, until it was announced that my dad might show up, then they all fucked off to the other side of the hotel and refused to acknowledge us, which upset my mum no end and resulted in me threatening to fill my uncles and the groom in for being cunts to my mum.

Years later when my nan died, her obituary mentioned all the family, except for me and my brother. Same when my aunt died. - We weren't even informed of their deaths. Still. Karma is wonderful.

2 of my cousins on his side have both served time and are complete wasters/pissheads
    Another cousin is an anorexic with anxiety disorders
    The cousin, (who's wedding I went to's) husband came out as gay eventually
    My uncle, who gave it the big 'un at that wedding is now blind
    And my dad now lives in a static caravan in some shit hole in Gloucestershire

I'mj ust waiting now for the old man to die. Hopefully slowly and painfully

6 Thanks given to I Black Belt

Ashley (30th July 2018),  cyprus (3rd September 2018),  DavidF (17th July 2018),  Over Carl (17th July 2018),  piggzy (18th July 2018),  WillD (18th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guy's. I just needed to unload. I know my situation is not unique. I know there are people much much worse.....like i say i just needed to unload. For the avoidance of doubt - Me getting with my misses was a decision both of us took when we were single - her 30+ yo kids both accepted and happy and call round to see us always. But what im getting at is nobody else ever needed to fall out or stop speaking to other members of my family nor stop speaking to people who speak to us.......To involve dead people, To invovle very old people to involve sick and lonely people......NONE of it warrented nore needed.
    It's like a cross between having upset the Mafia godfather or alternatively the school playground activity of you can't play along with us if you talk to him/her. It makes me sad when it makes innocent old aunty cry.....thats why i needed to unload. But thanks again - as I said you can choose your friends. Had to post here as don't do faceache and would have vomited at the usual "You ok hun PM me..."! lol.

4 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (30th July 2018),  Over Carl (17th July 2018),  piggzy (18th July 2018),  WillD (18th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

At the odd family meet up (her side of family) I find that being really overly nice but in a way you cant get called out gets the best results.

3 Thanks given to piggzy

DavidF (18th July 2018),  Hippie on hill (18th July 2018),  Over Carl (18th July 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Brothers a selfish conceited cunt, tried it on with my wife, told her I was sleeping around to get her to hate me. As well as lots of other shit he’s caused,he stole money from my dad and blamed me and I was put in the Army.

sisters a thief who robbed my aunts house and my grandads causing him to have a heart attack.

karma. Brother is wracked with guilt and is looking after my dad who has dementia. Sister is having heart problems.

Me, teaching computing and robotics in Barcelona.

Fuck them.

5 Thanks given to WillD

Ashley (30th July 2018),  DavidF (18th July 2018),  Mario87 (20th September 2018),  Over Carl (18th July 2018),  piggzy (18th July 2018)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Seems like most people have trouble with their family in some way or another.

I always you to be the one making the effort and just stopped when I got to 30.

I rarely speak to any of my extended family nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

My sister has just been on the front of the Sunderland Echo for fraud and money laundering, she’s going to jail.
    karma.
    https://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-r...dent-1-9328511

2 Thanks given to WillD

ivrytwr3 (2nd September 2018),  piggzy (1st September 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WillD View Post
    My sister has just been on the front of the Sunderland Echo for fraud and money laundering, she’s going to jail.
    karma.
    I thought blood was thicker than water and all that??? ;-) Or is she a proper wrong un lol

Edit: I hadn't read it. That is pretty poor at best. Not a lot you can say to excuse that. Hope it doesn't screw up your family too much ..

Thanks to piggzy

WillD (8th September 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Head held high mate. This wasn't anyone but the two that commit the crime. Anyone saying anything else are going to be your typical arsehole (in real life I'm taking here). Don't let them drag you down bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillD View Post
    karma.
    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks to DavidF

WillD (8th September 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Head held high mate. This wasn't anyone but the two that commit the crime. Anyone saying anything else are going to be your typical arsehole (in real life I'm taking here). Don't let them drag you down bud.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    ive had lots of messages and calls asking if it’s my sister, they never knew she was a compulsive liar and thief, I haven’t denied it was, but all the times I’ve warned people and they thought I was just bitter towards her have now had their eyes opened.

24 years it’s took, but it’s worth it.