Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Middle Market Android Phones

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    Phone arrived today. Now just waiting for the damn case (I ordered separately on Amazon) to arrive so I can start actually using it.
    I had a thought that it might not have turned up after reading this https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dealextreme.com

I just couldn't quite understand how they could undercut the manufacture price by so much .. Glad it it has.

Any idea where it was shipped from, I'm going to order one myself now

Thanks
    Karma Level

It seems to have been posted to me from:

Stonebridge UK Ltd.
    Unit 10 Explorer Voyager Parc,
    Portfield Road,
    Portsmouth,
    PO3 5FL.

Came by Royal Mail, 48 hour non recorded but tracked. After the postman fucked me around with another delivery got me half tempted to say it didn't arrive and let Royal Mail fork out for another one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just thought I would post a mini review.

All in all I'm very happy with the phone. Does everything I want it to do. This review might sound a little pessimistic, but that's only because I'm not going to spend ages giving it plus points for everything that works. The battery life is amazing. With everything on, it only seems to use max around 25% in a day.

Only down sides I've found:

Phone is quite big/bulky - already had it drop out of my pocket a few times. On the plus side, no more rummaging round all my pockets just to make sure I still have my phone on me.

Camera doesn't seem great at close ups, but I seem to have already cracked the plastic lens over the camera so that probably isn't helping.

Occasionally has issues with data - stops connecting to home wifi or shows 4G connected but no data, fixed by reboot. Only started to happen after about 1 1/2 weeks so maybe due to an app I've installed? Is annoying as I was hoping to show a screenshot of the phone being on for 4-5 days off a single charge but can't because of this.

Due to it being an obscure brand it's hard to find cases. Got the Gukas one of Amazon - total junk that didn't fit the phone or stick to it. Got another rubber type one of Amazon now but that doesn't cover a lot of the phone.

Fingerprint sensor is quite hit and miss, also it often sets itself off in my pocket then after a few failed attempts it won't allow to unlock with fingerprint.

Says it can charge fast up to 5A. But cannot find any 5A chargers.

Overall I'm very satisfied and think it's an absolute bargain at £200. Even if I had paid £3-350 I would probably still be happy with it. I'm that happy I'm thinking to get another for my brother.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 19th August 2018 at 01:01 PM.

3 Thanks given to Over Carl

Bald Bouncer (19th August 2018),  JonEp (19th August 2018),  piggzy (19th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aliexpress has loads of 5A chargers. Micro USB and USB C...

Now you mention the wifi issues. I have just had days of grief over this and turning wifi off then on fixes it sometimes or a reboot as you say. Got me thinking now if some recent APP update has fooked things up. Might try deleting a few unnecessary apps and see how I get on.

Aliexpress also really good for phone cases too, I know its a 2 week wait at least but I got some pretty nice leather cases from them for my last 3 obscure handsets.

Edit: Today my wifi has been fine and I just remembered last thing last night I changed the wifi channel in my router from auto to 8 or 9. Maybe the wifi chip in these phones are picky or maybe I was getting interference. Could be worth a try. I changed channel for 2.4 and 5 ghz to some random settings.

Thanks to piggzy

Over Carl (19th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You got the Power 5 as well?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over Carl View Post
    You got the Power 5 as well?
    No mate. Another Chinese phone but it also has the fast charge etc.
    To update. After changing my router channel I had no issues. Wondering if my Chinese phone is picky with wifi channels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12