Anyone retrofitted an Android Auto head unit?

Thread: Anyone retrofitted an Android Auto head unit?

Brydo666 said:

Default Anyone retrofitted an Android Auto head unit?

I'm looking to replace the OEM radio in my Honda Civic and considering an Android Auto unit. I'm not interested in a Chinese Android system but a branded unit that would connect to my OnePlus 6 and provide me things like Spotify and Google Maps through the radio.

Is anyone using one worth recommending? Could be expensive as I need a Connects2 kit and dashboard fascia that starts at a little over £100 off the bat.

Favourite at the moment is looking like the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which means a £450+ spend - ouch!

BigBrand said:

Default Re: Anyone retrofitted an Android Auto head unit?

No experience of that particular fitment, but I have fitted a 7" Android tablet into a dashboard last year.

Used a 3.5mm Jack into RCA cables into a small Amp that all fitted in the head unit cavity.

He was using Spotify, Google Maps etc via a 4G Sim card in the tablet.

Worked pretty well if I'm honest, some just work needed on fitting some foam trim to make it fit into the OEM facia adapters.

Teajunkie said:

Just done the exact thing in my Vitara I went for the kenwood dmx1707dabs itís apple CarPlay and android auto.
    Have a look on the kenwood site mate really nice bit of kit and Halfords are selling them for £349 at the moment.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

New Art Riot said:

I fitted an chinese brand erisin oem style touchscreen Sat Nav to my old bmw E46 was really easy to fit and a massive upgrade on the business radio which was originally in there.