Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Spiderman: Homecoming [2017] - mild spoilers

I think perhaps I'm getting old - but I didn't like this film.

A very teenage vibe about it (even though most of the cast are 20+). Spiderman is basically just larking it up for the whole movie - superheroes only become superheroes because they have to (because of events in their life or to fight some sort of injustice).....but this Peter Parker is just dossing around.

I didn't like the technological suit at all (this is Spiderman, not Iron Man).
    The bad guy - what a waste. Michael Keaton can make such a good bad guy, but the reasoning for him becoming evil was incredibly weak.
    I suppose it (almost) goes without saying that a second reboot of this franchise within a decade is ridiculous.

Good points:

Got the suit on in 16 minutes. Not almost an hour like in Spiderman and the Amazing Spiderman!
    Didn't go through the tortuous backstory of the spider-bite and such, as I guess the writers know we're already well aware of it.

On IMDB, this film has a higher rating than Spiderman 2, which I view as one of the best superhero films ever made. So I guess this film was made for the younger generation, and not for me

4/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Spiderman: Homecoming [2017] - mild spoilers

I used to read 4 different Spiderman comics when I was a kid, thought the films were an improvement on the 70's film but that's it really, I think you could be right when you mention about getting old as the latest film bored me senseless.

I'm finding Deadpool to be what the Spiderman comics used to make me feel, a touch of excitement mixed with adventure and comedy, something the Spiderman films seriously lack, I watched Deadpool 2 a few days ago and actually thought how much better this was than Spiderman, maybe it is an age thing or perhaps the Spiderman franchise is being directed at a young audience and we are feeling that.