Close

Thread: Ebay Resellers

Thanks
    Karma Level

ebay Ebay Resellers

I'm not an advocate of this behavour, call it entrepreneural or whatever, to me it feels like I've been scammed !
    I buy two highway code books off Ebay for my Daughters as they will be learning to drive soon and need to pass there theory, the seller advertises that they are sent first class and will arrive Tue or Wed .......
    They arrive on Thursday, so late! in Amazon packaging and Amazon receipt inside showing less than half what I paid and with free postage. So in essence the Ebay seller takes my order, then orders from Amazon, pays and then has it shipped direct to customer. Yes I should have gone direct too Amazon myself blah blah but I still feel scammed and why is it that when leaving feedback on shitbay that you can leave positive immediately, but have to wait 7 Days to leave neutral or negative? feedback is feedback.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay Resellers

Hi
    This is a well known practice that doesnt work as well now as it used to. The seller doesnt hold any stock and doesnt use his own money (other than to buy Prime to make extra on the shipping). I have been aware of this for years and still fall for it, but if I am too lazy and use ebay as a search engine (which it is not) I am the stupid one. So many do this now as a business and take advantage of our laziness, but we didnt need to buy from them so I dont see how you can give bad feedback (other than the late delivery) just because you feel foolish!
    Many businesses out there work on drop ship business and dont actually handle the goods and place orders with manufacturer to send direct to you, I dontthink this is dishonest either, as long as we all paying our taxes we have to make a living to be legal. I think don't beat yourself up about it and dont take it out on the seller and remember ebay isnt a search engine.
    Best wishes
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

When I buy anything on fleabay or @mazon I always do a google search for the best prices (other search engines are shiit)
    Then ill go with the best cheapest option. If you don't do your research you will get hammered with things like this

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly what Mickey said, i spend hours researching before i buy anything.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes yes ........ I get it, I'm the idiot for not looking around but it is still a scam in my eyes, I normaly would look around for the best deals but in this instance and because of the low cost, I did not. I did not expect to get an amazon package with essentially his invoice in there, paid by his visa debit and no postage cost and not because it was prime !! Now as for the previous reply paying taxes etc, well I doubt very much any seller on shitbay ever pay's tax, shitbay has got to be the biggest tax evasion loophole site out there (just my opinion)

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Its only £1.98 brand new on @mazon 2015
    and £2.19 for the 2018 kindle version

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oddly I bought an led bar from eBay the wiring kit arrived two days later and the led bar arrived three days afterwards.
    The led bar came in amazon packing and was dispatched by amazon and looking at the seller who are the manufacturer sell their goods on amazon and eBay too.

I have tools for my commerce site that will list my items to eBay and amazon at the same time and automates the sales across all three platforms. This means if I sell one item on site it will take 1 away from my stock on eBay and amazon and visa versa.

So the seller you purchased from may be using the same thing?
    ebay fees are extortionate so I’m not surprised it’s cheaper on amazon.

My advice is you were happy with the price or you wouldn’t have purchased so don’t feel bad about it.
    Do you think Tesco pays shelf price for all the goods they sell?
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    Yes yes ........ I get it, I'm the idiot for not looking around but it is still a scam in my eyes, I normaly would look around for the best deals but in this instance and because of the low cost, I did not. I did not expect to get an amazon package with essentially his invoice in there, paid by his visa debit and no postage cost and not because it was prime !! Now as for the previous reply paying taxes etc, well I doubt very much any seller on shitbay ever pay's tax, shitbay has got to be the biggest tax evasion loophole site out there (just my opinion)
    Hi M8
    I wasn't being a smart ass, its happened to me on several occasions and I am very familiar with the process.

The main guy I know who does this not only pays tax on it, it is part of his business and he employes a part-time member of staff to come in a couple of hours a day to process all the orders.
    thanks
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP