Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Nigel Farage to return... Oh dear.

<FacePalm>

Nigel Farage is returning to frontline politics to "fight back" against what he describes as Theresa May's "fraudulent" Brexit plan.

The former UKIP leader said he would be part of a battle bus tour by the Leave Means Leave group to oppose the prime minister's proposals.
    He claims Mrs May does not believe in Brexit or Britain and says he is returning to politics to try to get ahead of a "big campaign" which he believes Remain MPs will embark on in the coming months.
    "I can see that in the autumn there's going to be a big campaign," he told Sky News.
    "What they will try to do is to suspend Article 50, to delay the date on which we're actually supposed to leave.
    "It's time we fought back."
    Mr Farage, who finished as UKIP leader in November 2016, said those who voted for Brexit would not get what they wanted "if we trust our politicians to deliver Brexit".
    He said many MPs "underestimate the strength of feeling that is out there".

"Frankly, Chequers, and everything else that's been happening in parliament, is nothing less than a direct betrayal of everything people voted for," he added.
    "Chequers leaves us half in, half out.
    "Let me assure you that 17.4 million people are not stupid, they're not idiots, they knew what they were voting for.
    "They've had enough of being talked down to by politicians, by big business leaders, by elements of the media.
    "We're sick to death of being sold out. It's time we had our voice again and that is what this campaign intends to do."
    Mr Farage, who is still an MEP, criticised the way the Brexit deal has been debated by politicians, saying "it's classic Westminster bubble stuff".

"The public - the only time they were engaged since the referendum was in a general election in which the Labour and Conservative parties wilfully deceived people in that vote," he said.
    "And my job now is to go out, get the people motivated, mobilised, get them speaking again.

"And I think our politicians will be surprised when they find out just how angry their constituents are with them."
    The MEP slated Mrs May's negotiating skills, saying: "A good negotiator would have said, 'Look guys, you've got a lot to lose here, let's be grown ups.'
    "The fish rots from the head down and I'm afraid that Theresa May just standing in front of TV cameras telling us 'Brexit means Brexit, we're taking back control of our borders' - and doing the absolute opposite all the way through.

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-far...rexit-11475417

Thanks to piggzy

DavidF (19th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nigel Farage to return... Oh dear.

lol.....was always going to happen

Fuck me, this is all it's going to be from September until next March: Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit

2 Thanks given to flumperino

DavidF (19th August 2018),  piggzy (18th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post

Fuck me, this is all it's going to be from September until next March: Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit, Brexit
    You forgot Bremain.... We seem as fucked up as Murica right now. I want to sleep for about 4 years and wake up when some new party is fucking things up a little less.. I dunno how about the Liberal Labourtives ???

Thanks to piggzy

yarmash (21st August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post

I'm sure there will be a few Trump's in there as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The master plan for remain outlined by Farage on LBC this morning as he understands it is to seek a delay on the March 2019 exit whilst drumming up a second referendum on the back of a public vote on the deal.

I really would like us to remain part of Europe but my thoughts and politics aside I think a lot more money is about to be poured into a remain second outcome from interested parties, I think May will be outed just in time and replaced with someone who will facilitate this.

3 Thanks given to JonEp

4me2 (20th August 2018),  MHP (20th August 2018),  piggzy (20th August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JonEp View Post
    The master plan for remain outlined by Farage on LBC this morning as he understands it is to seek a delay on the March 2019 exit whilst drumming up a second referendum on the back of a public vote on the deal.

I really would like us to remain part of Europe but my thoughts and politics aside I think a lot more money is about to be poured into a remain second outcome from interested parties, I think May will be outed just in time and replaced with someone who will facilitate this.
    I like your thinking but I can't think of anyone in the Conservative party likely to win a leadership contest and back a second referendum. Even if Labour won an impromptu general election, Jeremy is really a hardline Brexiteer, so unless they start to change their tune (or play any tune in any direction) and start to back a second referendum then it's still difficult to see it happening. Maybe a new remain campaign could funnel in some money through some auxiliary campaigns to make a really big coordinated campaign and then hide it until the result is over and the electoral commission is powerless to police it.

2 Thanks given to yarmash

JonEp (22nd August 2018),  piggzy (21st August 2018)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

i welcome Farrages return....will make it somewhat watchable on the news again. Politics has bored me to complete death but his return could perk it up again...