Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Games

Thread: Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Games

{{909}} said:

Default Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Games

Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Pre-Loaded Games

Featuring Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other legendary titles, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99 (CAD$129.99).

Almost 25 years ago, the original PlayStation was introduced to the world. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, it was the first home console in video game history to ship 100 million units worldwide, offering consumers a chance to play games with real-time 3D rendered graphics in their homes.
    Today, we are excited to announce that we are bringing back the original PlayStation experience in a new miniaturized version Ė PlayStation Classic! The console will come pre-loaded with 20 classic titles, including fan-favorites such as Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms.

The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the originalís look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging. Long-time fans will appreciate the nostalgia that comes with rediscovering the games they know and love, while gamers who might be new to the platform can enjoy the groundbreaking PlayStation console experience that started it all. All of the pre-loaded games will be playable in their original format.

Available for pre-order at select retailers across the US and CAN, each unit will also come with an HDMI cable to connect to their TV, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles. PlayStation Classic will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $129.99 CAN (MSRP) on December 3, 2018 Ė a historic date for all of us at PlayStation.
    Visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for more details on regional availability, and stay tuned to the Blog for the full lineup of titles coming to PlayStation Classic. There are more fan favorites, and we canít wait to share more details in the coming months.

source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mickey said:

Default Re: Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Games

just heard about this today on the way home
    id love one just to play that bandicoot game

{{909}} said:

It's kinda cool but I am not sure how successful it'll be, the whole 25 years of PlayStation is making me feel fucking old though

maltloaf said:

First reaction was that I really want this. Now I've had time to think about it I have about 1000 devices that do the same.
    Facebook: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Garmin Connect: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Strava: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Surface Book i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    iPhone X 256GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

Teajunkie said:

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    First reaction was that I really want this. Now I've had time to think about it I have about 1000 devices that do the same.
    Yeah same here.
    i think I would be dissapointed with the graphics too now unless I can find an old crt tv somewhere.
    Find me on Instagram and twitter @mrteajunke.

hoponbaby said:

Will there be a retro release of the elvis programmer alongside it?

Scottio200 said:

If I don't have to turn it upside down to play games is it really a PSX?

CominAtcha said:

I was bought a SNES Mini last Christmas and I was chuffed to bits with it! But.....

Played it over the Xmas period with family and friends for a bit, but haven't touched it since.

Old games are old and while the nostalgia is high, most if not all retro games are good for a five minute blast and then best left alone. Gimme a break with the 90 quid price tag as well!

sniper said:

Iím sure I still have mine ( the kids) ps1 somewhere and if I remember correctly it only played copies not originals , I will dig it out and try it , Crash Bandicoot was my fave , I think my lad has it on his ps3 or 4 now ... god Iím out of it now . 909 whereabouts did you live , I am sure you Ďadaptedí one of my consoles , was it Yorkshire somewhere ?

{{909}} said:

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Iím sure I still have mine ( the kids) ps1 somewhere and if I remember correctly it only played copies not originals , I will dig it out and try it , Crash Bandicoot was my fave , I think my lad has it on his ps3 or 4 now ... god Iím out of it now . 909 whereabouts did you live , I am sure you Ďadaptedí one of my consoles , was it Yorkshire somewhere ?

I was in that neck of the woods back in the day yeah, a little further east these days though.

DJ Overdose said:

If it could be hacked to play any PS1 title it might be more appealing.

This is where these re-release's fall down IMO. Restricting the games on them. I know its all licensing and shit, but allow a home brew option and they will be more popular. People pick them up play them, realise the nostalgia has died and bin it off.

A PSP will play all the PS1 games, as would other PS consoles, PC emus, RPi's etc. But I think to get back to how it really was, you have to use the original gear.

Games like Tomb Raider 1+2+3, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicoot, Worms etc were all good on PS1, but you probably wont see those games on a retro re-release console.

DJ OD

Mario87 said:

I do kind of want one, not going to lie, but as most others have said, it will get used a few times then left to gather dust.....

Goldberg said:

Is the flap on the back removable and if so what lurks behind...
    Shame you cannot use your old memory cards with it. Also would be excellent if Sony purposely allowed it to be modded with the original mods to play other region games.
    Nintendo expected their classics to get hacked and even put a message in the code. I think they have to just go with it now days.

But Sony could be on to a winner if they made it a challenge for people to have some fun tinkering with hardware proper.
    Mines on pre order. I do love a bit of retro!
    We all make mistakes sometimes