Amazon Prime TV

Thread: Amazon Prime TV

piggzy said:

Default Amazon Prime TV

I'm sure plenty of you lot are subscribers to this.
    Been a Netflix user for years, NowTV on and off etc
    Just got a free trial for Amazon Prime TV and initial thoughts about the UI/APP is what a load of shite.

Unless I just havent found everything yet, it has hardly any categories or sort of structure at all.
    It seems unless I search for things and find them that way its pretty useless ?!?!?!?

e.g. On Netflix I could go to "Horror" and browse through etc and find some mind numbing shite to watch.

Not a fan.

Should I stick with it?

Doesnt seem to have much exclusive content worth watching tbh and I binned the Grand Tour off after 2 episodes ;-)

imho Netflix is far superior at this point.

Teajunkie said:

Default Re: Amazon Prime TV

We have it as we have prime and music but tbh never use it at all.
    We had a Netflix but didnít use that either.

Plex is the way to go mate
    Find me on Instagram and twitter @mrteajunke.

Ganty said:

Prime's UI is a fucking piss take. It's frustrating because it actually has a shitload of content. The best way is to spend an hour going through stuff and adding it to your favourites.

Went through a stage of watching the walking dead, and it lists every season separately, and in this instance, not even in order. Jokers.

xdam said:

Prime Video sucks, I was hoping it would be good because it has Gold Rush and stuff that I watch unlike Netflix, but how they have come after Netflix with a huge budget and missed the mark is beyond me.

piggzy said:

Well that sums that up then. 30 day trial then bin it off.

@TeaJunkie yeah got a full plex setup too, just thought I must be doing something wrong it was that poor :-)

Teajunkie said:

No itís just complete shit.

Get on the plextra thread mate

bugnote said:

we use prime for delivery, so I just see it as a free service.
    worth getting smartdns though, both netlflix and prime US content is tonnes better. I have it setup on the router so all devices on wifi hit american versions.

(if anyone does try it, using this link will get me some extra free months, https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/?afid=cfd2443ce6b0 )
    cheers guys
    Bug

Teajunkie said:

We use smartdnsproxy they have a free vpn service if you take out a smartdns plan.
    I think we paid something silly like £6 for 2 years service and itís brilliant the speed of their vpn is fantastic.

well worth a look if you need a vpn or smartdns.

tombott said:

I use both Amazon and Netflix.
    I find the Prime UI pretty good to be honest.
    I tend to use it more on my Kindle Fire and Android phone than the Firestick.
    A quick search of Horror, Comedy etc returns good results. These can also be filtered by Prime or Downloadable.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

icewarrior said:

SmartDNS now $49.90 for 2 years

maltloaf said:

I'm fairly happy with the Prime video UI personally but we use it on a HTPC via a web browser. It works pretty well.

malty
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    Surface Book i5
    iMac 21.5" 2.7GHz Core i5 8GB
    iPhone X 256GB
    IPad Pro 9.7" WiFi 128GB
    iPad Air WiFi + Cellular 16GB

piggzy said:

When our free trial expires we wont be renewing. Utter shite compared to the others imho

Piss poor content and shit interface.