Anyone playing Forza Horizon 4?

Thread: Anyone playing Forza Horizon 4?

liveseytowers said:

XboxOne Anyone playing Forza Horizon 4?

Forza Horizon 4 came out on Friday for those stupid enough to per-order the Ultimate Edition. Really enjoying it and its the best in the series, the UK map looks amazin through the different seasons. Is anyone else playing it? And have you worked out any good ways to level up quickly? I saw that you could go on the moors and crash into the heather etc but that has been removed so it doesn't work now.

Or any tips in general are welcome

One thing that is upsetting me is that some of the hills are 3 lanes, but they are the wrong way round. Uphill lane is a single lane, and the downhill lanes are two when it should be the other way round.... Yes i need to get a life!

beerman said:

Default Re: Anyone playing Forza Horizon 4?

Not playing it yet but I will be. I get it on Tuesday when it's released on game pass.

lou3b said:

Not yet, Was going to pick it up on Tuesday, looks good from the clips out there. still drive around in my pink VW Camper in Forza Horizon 2, that outpaces supercars.. but I may have to go for this Xbox games pass thing as it looks good value for money. Just bought the Destiny 2 DLC too.

ss30 said:

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    Forza Horizon 4 came out on Friday for those stupid enough to per-order the Ultimate Edition. Really enjoying it and its the best in the series, the UK map looks amazin through the different seasons. Is anyone else playing it? And have you worked out any good ways to level up quickly? I saw that you could go on the moors and crash into the heather etc but that has been removed so it doesn't work now.

Or any tips in general are welcome

One thing that is upsetting me is that some of the hills are 3 lanes, but they are the wrong way round. Uphill lane is a single lane, and the downhill lanes are two when it should be the other way round.... Yes i need to get a life!
    Started playing it yesterday and I noticed that

ss30 said:

Any one playing this on Xbox One S and having gfx problems like there is just a blob of blue in front of you for the road & fields?

It seems for me that the One S can't fill some part's in fast enough.

liveseytowers said:

I'm playing on the original Xbox one so not noticed any graphics related issues. Slowly making progress but I'm sick of winning clothes during wheelspins! Saw a good way to get the car points, go to the airfield and level up your car and then drop in and out of the drag race and it levels up instantly. You can get 100,000 points in a minute.

ss30 said:

I'm playing on the original Xbox one so not noticed any graphics related issues. Slowly making progress but I'm sick of winning clothes during wheelspins! Saw a good way to get the car points, go to the airfield and level up your car and then drop in and out of the drag race and it levels up instantly. You can get 100,000 points in a minute.
    Do you get a notification about the Drag Race or can you go there any time or do you need to have played through the game to earn it?

marcode said:

its ok, but the online play is still too fucking complicated, slow and convoluted.

i suspect connection issues are the main factor while the servers are being hammered, but fuck me, it took me and some friends about an hour to finally connect into the same fucking convoy group and be able to see each other.

even then sometimes when we joined adventures, some people would be put into an event and some would be left in free roam..

its fucking shockingly bad for 50 bastard quid. really fed up with forza fucking up the online play, forza 7 was atrocious. forza 5 was the last time it worked properly.

lou3b said:

Yep got Xbox Game Pass last night to test it out and loving it so far.. still undecided whether to stick with 4k/30fps or 1080p/60fps as the 4k plays fine for me and looks top notch. Did my first wheelspin and got 45k anyone wants to add me and have a drive around my GT is Lou3b

Online is fine for me so far, Forza Horizon 2 online was ok but gave 3 a miss. Always loved the Forza series. Sometimes I wish they would bring back another Project Gotham Racing.

beerman said:

It pissed me off that I got a Ford Focus RS and the lady said it was manufactured and designed in the UK, when I got in it it's left hand drive ffs.

ss30 said:

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    It pissed me off that I got a Ford Focus RS and the lady said it was manufactured and designed in the UK, when I got in it it's left hand drive ffs.
    My Subaru is left hand drive as well!

ss30 said:

How is everyone playing this One S or One X?

lou3b said:

Xbox One X for me and I noticed that too UK this and UK that then its left hand drive..

piggzy said:

Playing on the One Elite. Just standard 1080p for me lol
    Smooth as silk though.

Never been much of a fan of car games but I am quite liking this actually. Only played it about 90 mins though.

Takes a fucking age to load though imho

beerman said:

Quote Originally Posted by ss30 View Post
    How is everyone playing this One S or One X?
    One X. I jumped on a deal in Game to trade in my original One (which was on its last legs) plus 259 for a One X. I was planning to upgrade and was nervous of selling my one privately as it was fucked, kept on turning itself off, audio glitching issues, etc. I was shitting it when Game tested it, luckily none of the issues showed in their test

ss30 said:

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Playing on the One Elite. Just standard 1080p for me lol
    Smooth as silk though.

Never been much of a fan of car games but I am quite liking this actually. Only played it about 90 mins though.

Takes a fucking age to load though imho
    Yeah I thought it took ages to load but as I'm on a One S I thought it might be that, I can see lots of patches being released to fix bugs

piggzy said:

Right as a noob to Racing games I discovered one thing very quickly. I'm shit.
    Any tips for a noob to the genre.... Would it be good to drop the difficulty whilst I get used to the handling or do I concentrate on certain mods/upgrades to the cars etc

When I say I'm shit I really mean utterly shit. There are as of now no walls or fences left in the UK. My Insurance company would be so fucked right now.

ss30 said:

You could put all driver aids on and turn difficulty to the down

marcode said:

some tips..

- slow is fast. the key to these games is ease up in speed slowly. if you keep crashing, youre going too fast.
    - dont hold the accelerator, dont slam on the brakes, smooth application of power and brakes matters. a dab of brakes is all thats needed to change a red braking zone to a yellow zone and youre aiming to keep it yellow most of the time any less and youre going too slow. if its red you are probably going too fast.
    - ease on the brakes before you start easing off the accelerator (or else you fuck the balance of the car into corners) and you will start to feel how that makes a - big difference to how it steers when you just slam the brakes on and turn.
    - try and do most of the braking before the corner rather than in it, tyres cant stop and turn at same time.
    - on the full forza racing games its easier to make out the fastest racing line as its usually the darkest part of the track where all the rubber has been put down. not quite as much of that on the horizon games, but it helps if you can find it.

it does help to tune and mess with the cars, i usually buy a ferarri challenge stradale and make the back end relatively twitchy so i can drift it round most corners, you can mess with things to your liking.

in terms of options, i tend to leave auto on, i cant be fucked changing gears, turn off all the assists except abs and tcs
    turn off the full racing line, just leave corners on. otherwise you spend more time staring at the line than the road.

hth

piggzy said:

Yeah I think I'm too trigger happy on the throttle. Exactly the same when I went karting. Never took foot off the gas and never used brakes... The same doesnt work in Forza clearly lol

Cheers