37 58.73%
  • Remain

26 41.27%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Brexit

I hope folk are clearing their credit card debt and any other non fixed rate loans. Still tired of everyone thinking we will be in some independent utopia. Where do you see us in five years?

Thanks to BertRoot

DJ Overdose (7th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spoiler:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Clean up "A mess" ?? Fuck off, you mean "their mess" Who called this referendum again cos I'm pretty sure it was the Conservatives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Am not a Tory supporter but who kept calling for the referendum?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Am not a Tory supporter but who kept calling for the referendum?
    I could be wrong but didn't Cameron call it ???

Not sure if a particular group/party kept calling for it but I thought Cameron did the actual deed...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I could be wrong but didn't Cameron call it ???

Not sure if a particular group/party kept calling for it but I thought Cameron did the actual deed...
    Cameron put it in the Tory manifesto trying to stave off the eroding of the Tory vote towards UKIP, he never believed in it nor did he believe it would result in a vote to leave, it was purely done to help the Tories regain power.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

MHP (3rd October 2018), piggzy (3rd October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Tories called it.
    The Tories led the remain campaign.
    The Tories led the leave campaign.
    The Tories 'lost' the referendum.
    The media blamed Jeremy Corbyn.

You couldn't make it up

3 Thanks given to flumperino

Ganty (4th October 2018), Over Carl (4th October 2018), piggzy (3rd October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    The Tories called it.
    The Tories led the remain campaign.
    The Tories led the leave campaign.
    The Tories 'lost' the referendum.
    The media blamed Jeremy Corbyn.

You couldn't make it up
    buhahahahahhaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha
    Fucking Cuntservatives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw this the other day, and thought it was a good example of what should be obtainable....

2 Thanks given to tronads

dingle_666 (31st October 2018), gunner (10th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

A good comparison between CH and GB here -

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (3rd October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, I can give a wee bit of "insider" knowledge of what being outside the EU means for movement of goods. I did a summer job as a favour for my brother in law about 3 years back now...actually enjoyed most of it - courier but 1 drop, not this multi-drop all over the place stuff...too much like hard work.
    Anyway, it was just in time service anywhere in mainland Europe basically to and from the UK..all good. Sometimes I had to carry controlled substances and go through customs at Dover before going on my merry way......This excursion to Dover customs is six hours on a good day. But once the forms are filled it is all systems go throughout the EU until you get to Switzerland. When you get to Switzerland you have to call into customs get your form stamped again and go on your merry way (These stamps cost in excess of 2000...well they did for the particular load I was carrying).
    Now on my 1st Switzerland run the France Switz border was shut/blocked road works whatever so I had to detour and go through the German Switz border a matter of 5 miles away...no biggie apart from I now have no agent to meet me to stamp my form...tis ok I go to customs guy at the barrier and explain the situation tell him what I'm carrying ect ect..he looks and declares no problem and stamps my card free of charge I might add and says you can proceed with your load to destination (Switz).
    A few weeks later the company get an email from the agent (Based in Dover but with operatives on all the relevant borders where these forms are required).....Anyway, this email states that the entire load is in Switzerland illegally and we have effectively smuggled a controlled substance from EU in Switz....They said if found at fault we would be liable for 400,000 Euros.....All because Switzerland is not fully in the EU...Also because the agent was just being a prick and was concerned that I had stumbled upon a "free" way of getting these forms filled without the need to pay twice...Once I produced my signed forms though they soon shut the f up......But it is a minefield when you try to move goods into or out of the EU to non-EU countries.
    I did a lot of swiss runs after with the usual long wait at Dover and basically stuck to the accepted norm of using one company to provide an agent at Dover and Switz borders.....4 hours at Dover was my absolute record.
    When we moved goods through the EU there just wasn't these issues. You let P&O or whoever know what you were carrying and where you were off to and as far as I (driver ) was concerned it was like driving in one big country....once in France you don't even really notice you are crossing borders...

BTW I also did Norway and that was the same ....glad I only did that journey twice.

When you look at what we have (we do have an actual manned border) then I would say that the current position with regards to the movement of goods is ideal for "trade" and also can be modified to limit numbers on the free movement front....I think the EU would have talked numbers if we had just been up front at the beginning pre-referendum the leavers generally wanted an end to "uncontrolled immigration" ....so why could they not just "control" it? I mean when it all opened up in the 90's we were offered "controlled"....but Blair wouldnt hear of it...He said there will only be 100k or so and that will be it !!!

I look at all these farmers and restaurant owners on tv telling us they "can't" get English workers. I simply don't believe that. I'm correct in saying you get sanctioned if you don't apply for X amount of jobs...it should, therefore, be completely natural for peeps to want to do this work...especially the younger generation...you know like they always did. If the farmers etc are paying min wage then it "should be a no-brainer" aka a full-time job being much more cash than jsa...Maybe it's the case that a few of these types employ on the black market? Gangmasters running the farm labour and everyone saving a few bobs except the worker? Yeah, I can see why locals wouldn't want that.

Thanks to DavidF

New Art Riot (25th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    I saw this the other day, and thought it was a good example of what should be obtainable....

lol, switzerlands economy is about a quarter the size of ours. or at least, it was. i suspect their economy might be far larger than ours come brexit.

also, something like 70% of swiss employees work in finance or services. londons current status as global financial centre is about to be knocked to the fucking stone age, because no cunt wants to operate global services or finance operations in a non-EU backwater.

and frankly, the only reason the swiss financial centre will be ok no matter what is they do anon numbered bank accounts and have federal banking secrecy laws and hold cash for most of the worlds criminals. we do not.

so, this is fucking nonsense. we couldnt be switzerland even if we wanted to.

7 Thanks given to marcode

Bald Bouncer (4th October 2018), BertRoot (4th October 2018), kjun (11th October 2018), Over Carl (4th October 2018), prezzy (5th October 2018), Sanj[UK] (5th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

The fact in that one that gets me is the 'exports 5x more to the EU than the UK.' In a couple of years time it will be exporting the same amount of stuff but will be more like 50x. My brother has lived there twenty odd years and it is also a sight harder to become a citizen than it is here, took him a number of years and he is in a scientific research position not a bed changing and farming postion...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm still just as confused at this poll result as I was of the last or the original referendum.

Leaving still makes no sense to me.

3 Thanks given to JonEp

kjun (11th October 2018), marcode (4th October 2018), Sanj[UK] (5th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

you just have to face reality and accept we are all fucked........

Thanks
    Karma Level

I voted remain. Several reasons but the main one being I have zero faith in our government being able to manage the whole leave process. And the shambles May has made of it all proves this.

All that’s happened so far is it’s fucked our economy. And it will continue to. I will always back remain until which time we have a government that is able to manage the whole process and actually put us back on the map. Something I doubt I will see in my lifetime.

I can’t see immigration issues getting any better as the damage was done years and years ago. I can’t see the economy fixing itself either, hard, soft, cold, warm or whatever exit we have.

Theresa May was an awful Home Secretary and even worse PM. As for the Euro Cunts, they play a better game.

Ive still got years on my mortgage and only one credit card and one for the missus. I’m shitting it to see how much worse it can get...

DJ OD
    Last edited by DJ Overdose; 7th October 2018 at 07:12 PM.

3 Thanks given to DJ Overdose

BertRoot (7th October 2018), kjun (11th October 2018), marcode (7th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Remain votes have increased a few in the last couple of days.

Thanks to BertRoot

kjun (11th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Remain votes have increased a few in the last couple of days.
    Cant see it being undone myself. I think the EU would want us gone at any cost after this fuck up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    Cant see it being undone myself. I think the EU would want us gone at any cost after this fuck up.
    I meant on this poll. No way it will get undone, could you imagine the moany leavers?

Thanks to BertRoot

piggzy (9th October 2018) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I meant on this poll. No way it will get undone, could you imagine the moany leavers?
    lol I know you did. Didn't mean to quote you :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stay - but I now live in Barcelona and have a mortgage in the UK, and also work for a company where the UK is a key market so it is going to be painful. Without sounding like I have gone soft - the world needs less borders, not more - and this feels like a big step backwards.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:

4 Thanks given to gunner

Ganty (10th October 2018), kjun (11th October 2018), xdam (10th October 2018) 

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks