26 41.27%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Brexit

Spoiler:

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

flumperino (18th January 2019), piggzy (18th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Selected facts in the video and we'll be out on WTO soon anyway. May and Corbyn have worked perfectly together to force this though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whoosh !!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Love this video

David Cameron: I don't regret calling EU referendum
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Fair play to the BBC: they could have clipped the video when he said 'thank you'...but instead they waited till they had a shot of him 'running away'....pmsl

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just think.....in another timeline, we could be sat here, coming to the end of an Ed Milliband led government, and we'd be blissfully unaware of all this Brexit malarky, and all the hatred and division it has caused. And this thread wouldn't exist of course.

But we don't have that, because the message was that Milliband was weak, and the SNP would be calling the shots (cough Theresa, cough DUP).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Just think.....in another timeline, we could be sat here, coming to the end of an Ed Milliband led government, and we'd be blissfully unaware of all this Brexit malarky, and all the hatred and division it has caused. And this thread wouldn't exist of course.
    And nothing would of changed. It would have been another 'sit on the fence' mediocre administration just like the Tory ones. The political classes would be happy with the predictability and the status quo would be returned. The disenchantment and disconnection of the British public would still be there but stifled for another few years. If anything, Brexit has made politicians feel a little less comfortable and work that little bit harder. I feel that's a good thing.

Thanks to MHP

flumperino (19th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Theresa May - The kind of negotiator to come out of DFS with a full priced sofa.

Thanks to ilscuro

Rick Sanchez (1st February 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

"Nothing would have changed" - Do you think anything material will change in ANY brexit scenario? All Brexit is imho a distraction from the real problems facing uk citizens today. So we do full real deal hard Brexit - Is that going to benefit the UK man on the street? Is it bollocks. The Elite will become even more elite and richer....The poor will suffer any consequences. Say we stay in the EU and change nothing....guess what the rich will remain rich and grow even richer and ditto above comment about the Elite (I call Elite top 5%).
    Brexit was a conservative issue chucked over the wall for the people to deal with....They dealt with it and any gains will be made by those who are in a position to make those gains....Not the guy getting min wage and Universal Credits or top ups of various sorts because his poor multi millionaire can't possibly "afford" to pay a living wage...or a wage that covers the basics even. Brexit won't change that. People voting for parties that clearly demonstrate that they are willing to challenge the status quo...MIGHT help...It's that or the centuries old French way....Not yellow jackets - just guillotine and a cheering crowd, that tends to promote change and seems to focus the minds of those in power.

2 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (19th January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

We don't know there will be any change and who will and wont benefit until we leave. The fact that the British public, through the use of a democratic vote, have attempted to cause change is a good thing in my opinion.
    "People voting for parties that clearly demonstrate that they are willing to challenge the status quo...MIGHT help" I totally agree, but this cannot be achieved with the current political setup in this country. My fear if Brexit doesn't happen, is that we go back to the same political malaise we have suffered from for decades.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Remember this from David Cameron - "if we vote to leave, then we will leave. There'll not be another renegotiation and another referendum".

Spoiler:

Any MP that took part in the vote in 2017, regardless of whether they voted leave or remain, were also automatically signing up to the conditions set out in David Cameron's statement. If you took part then you accept the democratic outcome and the conditions attached to it. Any MP that voted and are now campaigning for a second referendum should immediately resign

Its pretty simple really. It's part of the conditions set out before the vote. If there isn't a deal that they can accept, then we leave without one as promised. (">

4 Thanks given to BigBird

flumperino (21st January 2019), lombie (21st January 2019), MHP (21st January 2019), mij (22nd January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Remember this from David Cameron - "if we vote to leave, then we will leave. There'll not be another renegotiation and another referendum".

Spoiler:

Any MP that took part in the vote in 2017, regardless of whether they voted leave or remain, were also automatically signing up to the conditions set out in David Cameron's statement. If you took part then you accept the democratic outcome and the conditions attached to it. Any MP that voted and are now campaigning for a second referendum should immediately resign

Its pretty simple really. It's part of the conditions set out before the vote. If there isn't a deal that they can accept, then we leave without one as promised. (">
    He lied, He's gone, as is most of his cabinet, as is Bojo as is Farage.....All them that "promised" all this shit are gone. Both sides told the lies and most of the biggest liars have fled the scene of the crime. You can't pin this on other Mp's unless the shit comes straight out their mouth. PLENTY MP's especially cabinet or shadow cabinet have to vote for shit they dont actually want to or resign...that's what collective responsibility is all about. But yeah many told fibs and they deceived and lied to the people.
    BTW there were quite a few people who got the scenario correct...Not all of them Mp's lol.....I think we are generally called remainers/traitors snowflakes anti democracy that sort of thing. Alex Salmond on QT the very next week said it brilliantly "You were sold a pup". It's just a shame the majority bought it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So what was the grand Plan B that was announced today?

Absolutely nothing.

Completely useless.

Thanks to flumperino

JonEp (21st January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Myself and I am guessing many other leave voters wanted to leave long before the referendum was called, so to assume that what some of the media & lying MP's said on the campaign swayed us is ridiculous. This has been a long time coming, we were lied to from the beginning when we joined the common market and have been lied to ever since, the whole project has been built on lies with the poorest paying the price.

The saying "If voting changed anything they'd abolish it" seems to be true.

4 Thanks given to mij

BigBird (22nd January 2019), lombie (22nd January 2019), MHP (22nd January 2019), piggzy (22nd January 2019) 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    He lied, He's gone, as is most of his cabinet, as is Bojo as is Farage.....All them that "promised" all this shit are gone. Both sides told the lies and most of the biggest liars have fled the scene of the crime. You can't pin this on other Mp's unless the shit comes straight out their mouth. PLENTY MP's especially cabinet or shadow cabinet have to vote for shit they dont actually want to or resign...that's what collective responsibility is all about. But yeah many told fibs and they deceived and lied to the people.
    BTW there were quite a few people who got the scenario correct...Not all of them Mp's lol.....I think we are generally called remainers/traitors snowflakes anti democracy that sort of thing. Alex Salmond on QT the very next week said it brilliantly "You were sold a pup". It's just a shame the majority bought it.
    Just because Cameron has gone, it does not change the fact that people voted fully aware of the conditions set out in his speech. What I am now expecting is for MP's to act on the result of the vote and the conditions that were placed on it. When I sign a contract I expect all others that have signed it to stick to the agreement. Many MP's have a selfish interest in remaining. continued EU membership could provide the next step in their political career - Tony Blair being a perfect example.

Yes both sides lied and I'm sure some would have voted leave based on those lies. But I'm equally sure that others would have voted remain based on the scaremongering lies of the remain camp. In my opinion that evens it up so the result of the vote is perfectly valid. I notice that most of the lies since the vote has been doom and disaster from the remain camp. 'Our planes wont be able to land in the EU'...'We will run out of medication'. LoL. Yes of course these things will happen, because the EU don't want our £341 Billion worth of trade, do they? (">

2 Thanks given to BigBird

lombie (22nd January 2019), mij (23rd January 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Henry Hoover voted Remain

Henry Hoover voted Remain

23rd January 2019

• Get Daily Mash headlines:

HENRY Hoover is a proud Remainer who will fight for a second vote for the people of Britain, manufacturers have confirmed.

The cheerful vacuum cleaner, an avid follower of UK politics, cast his vote for Remain in 2016 and has battled media disinformation and Brexiter lies ever since to save the country from economic ruin.

A spokesman for manufacturer Nuismatic said: “Henry won’t have the wool pulled over his eyes. He knows what’s up.

“A life dedicated to clearing up the messes left behind by the careless and clumsy – usually Tories, let’s face it – meant he identified Brexit for the clusterfuck it was straight away.

“He’s not some posh bagless only used to picking up Pomeranian hair. Henry does hard service with the cleaners of Britain and, with inexorable logic and his smiley face, he’s convinced them we need another vote.

“You might have seen him on the march, leading Hetty, James, little Henry, George and Charles. They won’t abandon you. Not like a stuck-up Dyson.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Karma Level

After the events over the last few days in the house of donkeys, who thinks Brexit wont happen?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well if that does happen then that's democracy fucked

Thanks
    Karma Level

It definitely won't happen because MP's will reject May's shitty deal, which is actually worse than remaining, and then when people see how democracy has been shit on i can see a lot of civil unrest.

Thanks to ilscuro

piggzy (14th March 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep, Brexit now dead I reckon.

And personally, I don't think there will be a great deal of repercussions, mainly due to the enormous political fatigue that people have.

We'll end up staying in, there'll be some protests and maybe a couple of riots....then done. People are just so tired of it, they will just be glad it's over.

(Maybe the political plan all along, if you are a cynical person )

Thanks to flumperino

MHP (15th March 2019) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am a remainer and would vote remain in another re-run BUT I can definitely see it from the other side - If I had voted with the majority then I would be fuming....But id be fucked if i would riot or even protest im just your ordinary guy who expects society to function and when it doesn't then I look to politics as a way forward...hopefully.
    There will be some loons who martyr themselves to a spell in the hmp system....I bet none of the politicians who "whole heartedly believe in Brexit" would be among the rioters that THEY would be encouraging with their snide talk from the sidelines...This civil unrest shite has been talked up for the last 4-6 weeks by people who actually WANT to see it - then they will condemn it and the poor sods who got all over excited by the whole thing will pay the price in terms of prison and damage to their own community...Heads I win tails you loose.
    The above is all based upon art 50 being revoked - i dont forsee anything happening due to a 2 month extension.

Thanks to DavidF

MHP (15th March 2019) 

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks