Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Don’t ever buy a Renault and if you do stay away from renparts

This car has been the biggest headache ever.

A few faults I have to deal with.

Aircon inop - can’t afford this yet

only one key - new key was £150 cash to a mobile locksmith who happened to be parked outside our house last week.

two front tyres worn bold outside edge - two new tyres and front tracking £248

Radio only working from one speaker properly. - new radio unit £145 from scrapper. ****see below****

rear seatbelt warning constantly going off - this is a common fault apparently and is expensive to fix. (Not even going there yet)

sat nav stopped working no gps signal - new antenna £200 (fuck that I bought a £6 one off eBay and fitted it separate from manufacturer antenna)

Centre console non existent not a fault as such but couldn’t continue this way. - purchased oem arm rest centre console complete £114 ****see below****

So looking for parts seems to always come back to to notorious renpartsuk.
    I requested some bits on breakerlink and they come back with prices and information I needed and seemed extremely helpful.
    purchased a new radio head unit Saturday two weeks ago and centre console armrest all good.

As they called me I explained I only have a flat tray on the floor so the console would need to be complete All brackets and fittings and trims etc. I was informed yes we can do that and price quoted and agreed for the full unit.

At the same time I explained my radio situation and gave images and model number of my radio as there are a few different types but only one model will work in my car.
    No problem sir we have these on the shelf.

Friday 6days after order a small package arrives and it’s a radio but guess what…… Wrong one.
    Called renparts who said they will get back to me ….. nothing no call no emails nothing.
    Emailed and called and they kept saying “sorry mate I’m on my own and it’s really busy I’ll get back to you asap”

Today Large package arrives via dhl.
    upon opening a nice clean centre console and inside a radio.

Guess what.?
    Wrong fucking radio again. Aaaaaargrrrrgghhhhhh
    But centre console looks ok.

Call renparts who Insist it’s the right head unit.
    Well no it isn’t plugs and fitting is completely different layout and TomTom connections are different so I would have to remove the wiring and re wire loom.
    Sorry we don’t have that radio please send them back.

Ok no worries can you send me a shipping label by email?
    No I have to pay for the return!

Then I remove the floor tray to fit the console and guess what??
    No brackets, no bolts, no covers, no wiring, and no clips and certainly not complete.

Called renparts oh well that’s what we said we had and what you asked for.
    No I clearly said I need a FULL console inc all bolts, trims etc as I have nothing.

Sorry that’s not our fault.

So I have wasted so much money on a shitty ass company who don’t care and can’t be fucked.
    Im seriously pissed off to the point I could just as burn the fucking car.

A cheap 7 seater diesel for £5.5k has turned into a money pit and grief.
    I just can’t be fucked with life right now. I want to be 10 years old again.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks to Teajunkie

ss30 (5th July 2022)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Don’t ever buy a Renault and if you do stay away from renparts

Sounds like a nightmare..
    FYI I biy my tires online now from blackcircles the last time I saved around £80 on two..
    My tyres are another opton but they are in germany even though their site states the UK so delivery is longer but they are a bit cheaper.