Close

View Poll Results: Leave/Remain

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave

    37 58.73%
  • Remain

    26 41.27%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Results 201 to 214 of 214

Thread: Brexit

  1. #201
    DF Super Moderator Teajunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,340
    Thanks
    1,939
    Thanked:        1,957
    Karma Level
    552

    Default Re: Brexit

    In or out it’s out of our hands and what will be will be!
    i voted you voted it was counted and now we just have to get on with it whatever that may be.

    at this point I’m just utterly embarrassed to be English.
    Instagram and twitter @mrteajunkie.

    3 Thanks given to Teajunkie

    flumperino (4 Weeks Ago), MHP (4 Weeks Ago), mij (4 Weeks Ago) 


  2. #202
    DF PlaYa mij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked:        104
    Karma Level
    263

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Can I throw a couple of points in here
    Tax - We will all pay it no matter if we are in the EU or out. Well that's not strictly true as the richest don't pay at the same percentage rate as the poor through to lower middle class do.

    These used to be the aim of the working man - then the media led the charge in turning Decent pensions into "They cnuts getting money for old rope when they get grey hair.....We in the private sector have shafted you all by now so why should your tax pay for these now extinct gold plated pension(Everything is media led since we invented the thing).
    Same for wages - depressed wages who's fault ? Personally I blame the natives. They have blindly followed what has been printed and regurgitated in the media (Yep them again) Everybody in this country has a start over any import....Language to name but one - If a guy can travel 1000 miles into a country where he can hardly communicate and can undercut you in your job ......Well feck me it doesn't make the native look great does it ?
    Not just that though natives have accepted that the unions needed putting in their place.....Now you are almost looked upon as some sort of cnut for being IN an union. Every time a decent union does bring their members out on strike it's never given the "god they must be well pissed to go on unpaid strike" ...nah none of that its "Look at those greedy pampered unionised masses disturbing ordinary people's live's"....EVERY TIME.
    Newsflash there IS cash out there it's just that we accept the narrative that it belongs to the elite.

    Moving on - Yellow hammer - How do YOU know what Yellow Hammer is or is not ? I certainly do not know for sure what it is - BUT I do know it was commissioned and delivered by BJ's own appointed spads and civil servants.......If it is biased then I will be happy to note that everything is going to be cooshty.....Drugs and stuff are running out due to PEOPLE - we all know this people are over ordering to make sure that they will be ok if the "scare stories" turn out to be advice on reality.

    People in general will look after No.1 then it tends to be family - close friends - neighbours.....then everyone for themselves.
    IF it turns out that Yellowhammer was written by neutral spads and is infact what will actually happen and is not even a worst case scenario then will "soz" cover it ?
    Just think about this - When the banks nearly collapsed Brown and the cabinet at the time were days away from putting troops on our streets to keep order. Not many people even knew about it especially at the time - but read the memoirs and you will see we were the stroke of a pen away......As I said before it does not take much for the public to start on each other the fuel bloackade in blairs time opened my eyes big time on how quickly the whole shebang can fall to shreds. I know I will be ok in or out of the EU - I will just watch it all on Sky (IPTV coz I am tight).

    IF/When we leave the EU im pretty sure we will be ok......but i think the point people like me are trying to get across is that we would be MORE ok by just remaining.
    I think you may have missed my point on tax, look at the amount of people your taxes are paying wages & pensions too, it is massive, second only to China in numbers, and that doesn't include the Euro Mp's etc..How many bureaucrats does it take to send a memo?

    How can you blame the natives for low wages and poorer working conditions? If employers have a continuous & almost limitless supply of workers who can and will work for less, then the natives are fucked aren't they? Without unions, what rights & conditions do you think workers would now have? Maybe something like this in the news today: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Smaller government is what I think we need, not more on the gravy train draining our taxes which should be used for the many other priorities this country has. I am also glad to hear that you think you will be ok out of the EU, I can tell you that we managed ok before we were in the EU, so know that you will be ok if the bureaucrats and business work together and actually do what they have been asked to do.

  3. #203
    DF Demi God marcode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Satriale's
    Posts
    11,806
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked:        103
    Karma Level
    1262

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by mij View Post
    How can you blame the natives for low wages and poorer working conditions?
    im sorry but this is pish. as an economy grows and matures, its workforce tends to prefer jobs further up the ladder as they look at all the other shit as beneath them.

    the natives dont want to work for hourly wage in unstable circumstances.

    thats why every restaurant server is now polish, cos they were willing to bear that uncertainty.

    getting rid of immigrants just means there is now loads of unfilled positions in low end work. fruit picking, care work, retail, service work.

    without immigrants, the UK's ageing population is destined to die in a puddle of our own shit.

    2 Thanks given to marcode

    Bald Bouncer (4 Weeks Ago), beerman (4 Weeks Ago) 


  4. #204
    DF Jedi DavidF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    GLASGOW
    Posts
    1,070
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked:        801
    Karma Level
    269

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by mij View Post
    I think you may have missed my point on tax, look at the amount of people your taxes are paying wages & pensions too, it is massive, second only to China in numbers, and that doesn't include the Euro Mp's etc..How many bureaucrats does it take to send a memo?
    I think you may have missed my point lol - "They" will always find a place for your tax - we run a deficit - what more do you want to cut ? Do you think these people employed to deal with matters eu related will no longer need jobs ? Do you think that the civil service will no longer need these same people doing virtually the same task ? This country needs to grow up and accept that public services including infrastructure are directly related to the tax you are unwilling to pay.

    How can you blame the natives for low wages and poorer working conditions? If employers have a continuous & almost limitless supply of workers who can and will work for less, then the natives are fucked aren't they? Without unions, what rights & conditions do you think workers would now have? Maybe something like this in the news today: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Again you have missed the point I was making - It's the natives who have ditched the unions - it's the natives who moan like sheep every time someone dares strike for better pay/conditions - the unions power is sadly missed - Somewhat replaced by those pesky EU red tape rules that WE helped draw up and WE agreed to with our votes - You know Maternatiy pay, Paternatiy pay, Holiday pay, Maximum Working hours (Although we essentially opted out of that one - as us brits enjoy a good 100 hour weekit makes us feel manly lol) - As said the natives turned against the unions led by the media in all its forms.

    Smaller government is what I think we need, not more on the gravy train draining our taxes which should be used for the many other priorities this country has. I am also glad to hear that you think you will be ok out of the EU, I can tell you that we managed ok before we were in the EU, so know that you will be ok if the bureaucrats and business work together and actually do what they have been asked to do
    .
    We managed ok when we were living in caves mate but I don't think it's a valid party policy to take us backwards - which is essentially what leaving the eu is - when the rest of the world are busy striking trade deals and co-operating as never before we decide fook that for a game lest float away from our biggest deal and if need be lets replace it with feck all.
    Now you may say my we were ok point is a tad immature - but it is completely valid in that you feel its ok to go back to the days of visa's, currency controls ? Tarrifs ? Immigration controls - and all the other stuff ordinary people may experience - that's before you even talk about the business community. They must be cockahoop at the thought of filling in the same load of bull forms paying vat/import duties having there loads delayed at customs due to random checks.....if they deal with the USA ect they have to jump through all these hoops - These hoops then increase the cost to the end user YOU. That's one reason you don't see much "Made in USA" in our shops and the same goes for the USA not seeing much "Made in UK" in theirs - the invisible borders make the trade non profitable in a lot of cases - yes there are other factors at work such as wages ect but the fact is you can go buy stuff from the EU and you generally wont come away thinking bloody hell that was dear I could get british for half the price - it's because we can buy there shit free of extra tax/tariffs.

    Thanks to DavidF

    Bald Bouncer (4 Weeks Ago) 


  5. #205
    DF PlaYa mij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked:        104
    Karma Level
    263

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post
    im sorry but this is pish. as an economy grows and matures, its workforce tends to prefer jobs further up the ladder as they look at all the other shit as beneath them.

    the natives dont want to work for hourly wage in unstable circumstances.

    thats why every restaurant server is now polish, cos they were willing to bear that uncertainty.

    getting rid of immigrants just means there is now loads of unfilled positions in low end work. fruit picking, care work, retail, service work.

    without immigrants, the UK's ageing population is destined to die in a puddle of our own shit.
    No need to be sorry for having a different opinion.


    Mass immigration, the same as mass unemployment creates an employers market, if you know you have people queuing up for a job, then it doesnít take long before wages, conditions and rights all decrease. All of this has happened in my lifetime, zero hour contracts etc..The willingness to accept uncertainty is fine for somebody who has just landed and starting out here, but it shouldnít be a business model and couldnít be without that steady stream of cheaper workers.


    Some mates of mine who are in the building trade would also strongly disagree with you, they havenít seen anything like what has been happening since the dayís of Murphyís vans picking up Irishmen on Londonís street corners in the 60ís. Gangerís with cheap labourers, I have even heard MPís mention modern slavery.


    And I have never said stop immigration, uncontrolled immigration is what we currently have, and it is out of control.


    Sure, you will be able to find plenty of economists that will argue differently, but remember that economists were created to make weather forecasters to look good.

    Thanks to mij

    philmein121 (4 Weeks Ago) 


  6. #206
    DF PlaYa mij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked:        104
    Karma Level
    263

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    We managed ok when we were living in caves mate but I don't think it's a valid party policy to take us backwards - which is essentially what leaving the eu is - when the rest of the world are busy striking trade deals and co-operating as never before we decide fook that for a game lest float away from our biggest deal and if need be lets replace it with feck all.
    Now you may say my we were ok point is a tad immature - but it is completely valid in that you feel its ok to go back to the days of visa's, currency controls ? Tarrifs ? Immigration controls - and all the other stuff ordinary people may experience - that's before you even talk about the business community. They must be cockahoop at the thought of filling in the same load of bull forms paying vat/import duties having there loads delayed at customs due to random checks.....if they deal with the USA ect they have to jump through all these hoops - These hoops then increase the cost to the end user YOU. That's one reason you don't see much "Made in USA" in our shops and the same goes for the USA not seeing much "Made in UK" in theirs - the invisible borders make the trade non profitable in a lot of cases - yes there are other factors at work such as wages ect but the fact is you can go buy stuff from the EU and you generally wont come away thinking bloody hell that was dear I could get british for half the price - it's because we can buy there shit free of extra tax/tariffs.
    So you are saying continue to pay ever more taxes and never try to change anything....Great, be a good little serf. Not me, I want change along with a much smaller government, let's start with the Euro MP's and then get rid of the Lords, and then see who is next.

    I agree with you on the Unions, the average worker appears to have been brainwashed into thinking they do not need them. And isn't the average worker doing just great in this country? I owned my own property in my 20's, now still living at home with your parents into your 30's & 40's is commonplace, what an improvement! Mind you, the BMA is taken very seriously by the media & governments, very unlike how they treat other unions, so maybe it is just that unions are only a bad thing when they are fighting for the poor.

    Your last point seems to overlook China, almost everything I have these days is made there. And remember, that to say leaving the EU is a backward step for this country is a minority opinion, remember the referendum? I used to export motors to Malta in 70's, and managed just fine with the paperwork, there is still plenty of paperwork within the EU isn't there? Red tape and all that, rules to obey, random custom checks, etc..They all still happen don't they? Or am I missing an opportunity to bring some stuff into the country

    Oh yeah, don't forget that duty free will be back soon

  7. #207
    DF PiMP kroner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    down south
    Posts
    338
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked:        128
    Karma Level
    252

    Default Re: Brexit

    @marcode You talk as though the everything is ticking along all tickety boo.

    The uk is fucked, people using food banks, teachers can't cope, the police force understaffed. People in their forties are still living at home because they can't afford to buy a house. It's cheaper to import steel from China than it is to buy two hundred miles down the road. More zero hours contract that you can ever imagine. The list goes on.

    My polish electrician who has been here twenty years moaned the other day he is sick of living where he does because there's to many Polish, eight people sharing a house all working cash in hand sending money back home.

    If getting out means starting again I'm all for it, this place need a fucking good shake up and if it means were fucked for all while then so be it.

    There's a new breed of people that are the most dangerous now, working class people with money.

    3 Thanks given to kroner

    MHP (4 Weeks Ago), mij (4 Weeks Ago), philmein121 (4 Weeks Ago) 


  8. #208
    DF PlaYa mij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked:        104
    Karma Level
    263

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by kroner View Post
    There's a new breed of people that are the most dangerous now, working class people with money.
    I call them working class Tories.

    We all know the type, might of worked hard to get what they have, or might have just been lucky. Right time, right place, parents money/help, inheritance etc...Anyway, however they get their money, they love sitting at the bar calling everybody else lazy cunts, look at me, I did ok so why haven't you

  9. #209
    DF PlaYa Rhinoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    959
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked:        378
    Karma Level
    146

    Default Re: Brexit

    Brexit & Trump getting into power has highlighted there will never be another free & fair election due to tech companies manipulation through companies such as Facefuck.

    Outside influences who have other agenda's are the ones to be blame not the actual voters who are only voting on what they have been manipulated by.

    The saying divide & conquer couldn't be anymore true...... We are being divided away from the EU & also divided within the UK by stay & leave campaign's created by unknown persons, teams, companies & countries through communication warfare.

    2 Thanks given to Rhinoz

    Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago), Ganty (3 Weeks Ago) 


  10. #210
    DF VIP Member
    BigBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    WALES
    Posts
    2,068
    Thanks
    1,528
    Thanked:        1,666
    Karma Level
    354

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoz View Post
    Brexit & Trump getting into power has highlighted there will never be another free & fair election due to tech companies manipulation through companies such as Facefuck.

    Outside influences who have other agenda's are the ones to be blame not the actual voters who are only voting on what they have been manipulated by.

    The saying divide & conquer couldn't be anymore true...... We are being divided away from the EU & also divided within the UK by stay & leave campaign's created by unknown persons, teams, companies & countries through communication warfare.
    Elections have never really been fair anyway. For a start we don't have proportional representation. Also ever since I was a kid I remember people coming out with 'I'm voting Labour because my father voted labour, and his father before him'. That's a really great bit of informed decision making that is. If that isn't brainwashed to vote a certain way then I don't know what is.

    I'm glad that things are being shaken up. The electorate are now taking an interest in what they are voting for rather than going with tradition. Some will be influenced by the media and propaganda, which will come from both sides of the argument, but least they are getting to see both sides of the argument before casting their vote. There will be a certain amount of untruths in some of those arguments, but in my opinion its still fairer than voting a certain way because their father brainwashed them with a one sided argument. In the end it should work out for the common good, even if there are a few nasty bumps on the way. Maybe in future MP's will realise that there is no guarantee of being elected just because you are standing in what has traditionally been a safe seat. Maybe they will start taking notice of what the electorate want instead of doing things to suit themselves. The current bunch still haven't learn't anything from recent events, so I think a fair few of them will be gone after the next general election. And good fuc**ng riddance to the bunch of self centred Tw**s. (">

    2 Thanks given to BigBird

    MHP (3 Weeks Ago), mij (3 Weeks Ago) 


  11. #211
    DF PlaYa mij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked:        104
    Karma Level
    263

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Elections have never really been fair anyway. For a start we don't have proportional representation. Also ever since I was a kid I remember people coming out with 'I'm voting Labour because my father voted labour, and his father before him'. That's a really great bit of informed decision making that is. If that isn't brainwashed to vote a certain way then I don't know what is.

    I'm glad that things are being shaken up. The electorate are now taking an interest in what they are voting for rather than going with tradition. Some will be influenced by the media and propaganda, which will come from both sides of the argument, but least they are getting to see both sides of the argument before casting their vote. There will be a certain amount of untruths in some of those arguments, but in my opinion its still fairer than voting a certain way because their father brainwashed them with a one sided argument. In the end it should work out for the common good, even if there are a few nasty bumps on the way. Maybe in future MP's will realise that there is no guarantee of being elected just because you are standing in what has traditionally been a safe seat. Maybe they will start taking notice of what the electorate want instead of doing things to suit themselves. The current bunch still haven't learn't anything from recent events, so I think a fair few of them will be gone after the next general election. And good fuc**ng riddance to the bunch of self centred Tw**s. (">
    I agree, although when I was younger the difference between the two main parties was distinct, making the choice much simpler. Many of Labour's MP's were working class people that had worked their way into their position, and fully understood what it was like to be working class, not so now.

    At some point in my life this changed, most of the MP's in all of the main parties are now from the right schools and universities, most have never had to struggle for anything or even had much of a working life (if any) before politics. They go to school, then to university, then into politics with maybe a short spell of white collar work beforehand. Most of them are only interested in becoming an MP, and could & would stand for election in any of the main parties, as becoming an MP is the most important thing. Chuka Umunna is a great example, wealthy background, good education, a few short years of working in the legal profession whilst also writing for newspapers and being a political commentator on tv, before then becoming a Labour MP. He has so far been a Labour MP, The Independent Group MP & then Change UK, Then an independent MP and now a Liberal Democrat. All without a by-election, a true man of the people.

    We even have very influential people that have never even been elected by anybody, and yet have a massive say and effect on our politics. Take Lord Adonis, never elected by anybody, yet has had many top jobs in politics and is never off the tv & radio. Another is Alistair Campbell, Robert Maxwells attack dog, then Tony Blair's, and again is hardly ever off the TV & radio.

    We now have a certain class of people running politics & the media that have nearly all been to the same schools & universities, they are all good friends, and are all on the gravy train. This is why Brexit will never happen, at least not in the form that we voted for. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I might think that the Tories have infiltrated all of the main parties, didn't Thatcher say that her greatest achievement was Tony Blair and New Labour.

    Thanks to mij

    MHP (3 Weeks Ago) 


  12. #212
    DF Jedi ilscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,880
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked:        1,412
    Karma Level
    589

    Default Re: Brexit

    One thing i'm sure we can all agree on, Chuka Umunna is a cunt.

    5 Thanks given to ilscuro

    Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago), DavidF (3 Weeks Ago), Ganty (3 Weeks Ago), Mickey (3 Weeks Ago), mij (3 Weeks Ago) 


  13. #213
    DF VIP Member Bald Bouncer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,281
    Thanks
    4,254
    Thanked:        5,686
    Karma Level
    1259

    Default Re: Brexit

    Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    One thing i'm sure we can all agree on, Chuka Umunna is a cunt.
    Him and that self serving waste of space Luciana Berger, I don't care what party it's about time they made it so you could not leave a party and join another without calling a by election. Luciana Berger now represents something like 12% of the vote in her constituency now being LibDem how the fuck is that right.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    4 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

    DavidF (3 Weeks Ago), flumperino (3 Weeks Ago), MHP (3 Weeks Ago), mij (3 Weeks Ago) 


  14. #214
    DF PwNagE flumperino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Isle of flumps
    Posts
    9,698
    Thanks
    567
    Thanked:        744
    Karma Level
    879

    Default Re: Brexit

    The antisemitism thing has gone a bit quiet of late. Hopefully people have started to view it as the complete parody that it is. On the flip side, nobody seems to give a **** about supposed Islamophobia in the Tory party. Gotta love a balanced media.

    Same as deselecting members. Corbyn has been lambasted for it for years, when he didn't actually do it....and then Boris actually expels 21 MPs, including the father of the house, and people are like 'ah well'.

    4 Thanks given to flumperino

    Bald Bouncer (3 Weeks Ago), DavidF (3 Weeks Ago), Ganty (3 Weeks Ago), mij (3 Weeks Ago) 


Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Social Networking Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •