Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Firewall (PSVR), anyone play it?

Off the back of the COD thread, does anyone have a PSVR or Firewall? It's really fun when you have a lobby with players using their mic, can be frustrating when some aren't speaking.

For those who don't know, it's an online multiplayer for the PSVR and uses the Aim controller so feels like you are holding the gun, it's tracking is surprisingly good too. You play as a team of 4 against another team of 4, like a SWAT team, taking turns defending and attacking a laptop. First of all you disable a firewall to reveal the location of the laptop and then you make your way to the laptop to hack it, you win by either successfully hacking or defending the laptop so even if the attacking team wipe out your team they still have to hack it to win.

There are a few curveballs like signal jammers (annoying as ) that you can unlock as you progress and some cool features such as when you die you are able to cycle through the security cameras on the map to try and help your team mates. During the game if shot you are first downed where you can't do anything but your team can revive you unless the opposing team shoot you further to kill you (no respawning).

Lots of potential and hopefully they add more game modes over time, few downsides such as matchmaking is done using a host and if that host quits all players are disconnected. The community on there is great, nothing like the kiddies on COD screaming abuse down the mics. If others have the game we should have some sessions on there!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Firewall (PSVR), anyone play it?

I've got it. I haven't played it a great deal yet as I'm having my house decorated at the minute and the PS4 is away. The hour or so I've played it though were very impressive. It's like being in an action movie. I honestly think that VR is the future of gaming. Next gen stuff will be amazing once VR goes wireless.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I've got it. I haven't played it a great deal yet as I'm having my house decorated at the minute and the PS4 is away. The hour or so I've played it though were very impressive. It's like being in an action movie. I honestly think that VR is the future of gaming. Next gen stuff will be amazing once VR goes wireless.
    Send over your PS ID if you fancy a game sometime.

I wasn't convinced at first but games like Superhot persuaded me to pick one up when they were on offer recently, I think once they go wireless, increase the resolution (it is often a bit blurry for me, I struggle to read team mates usernames during a game if they are far away, I don't need glasses etc) and add more tracking points so you can use your hands etc.

The only thing that will be hard is walking, I have seen videos of what look like 360 degree treadmills for this but can't see that coming to the home anytime soon. Occasionally feels like I am about to fall over as I am still but my player is moving a lot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got it but not played it much. Wasn't impressed by the gun being above the actual position of the aim controller and the very slow movement, even running seems like walking pace. It did make me try Far point again as I got stuck and couldn't be arsed to do the same bit over again, finally got passed it and completed that. Awesome game.