In-car mobile signal booster / repeater?

Thread: In-car mobile signal booster / repeater?

evilsatan said:

Default In-car mobile signal booster / repeater?

Posting here as it's not Apple/Android related. Does anyone know anything about mobile reception booster/repeaters? I can't use a femtocell as it is for use in a car so is to be used to improve voice/data signal for a mobile (preferably 4G).

I have read that "some" will be legal in the UK now or shortly:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've found a few websites which are suspiciously similar to one another (have pop ups to say wen someone buys anything) and imagine there are some that are shoddy or illegal. It will be for the O2 network.

Cheers

piggzy said:

Default Re: In-car mobile signal booster / repeater?

Aliexpress/Gearbest sell one for about $3 delivered. It plugs into your Headphone jack. Worked really well but I know it doesnt support all networks and I am not on O2. Check on the website it listed all the bands it supported etc

evilsatan said:

Default Re: In-car mobile signal booster / repeater?

Cheers but they have no headphone sockets! I’m looking for one that will boost signal for multiple devices, I’ve found some for 160 odd which will be fine but want to make sure they are decent. It’s not for me but by the sounds of it they will be in weak signal areas sometimes so will need a high gain device.