Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Prey - latest predator movie mini review

Well, I was looking forward to see what they did with this.

The premise: A predator prequel set in 1719 and has a predator stalking a group of Commanche warriors.

Im sure you will agree, this is describing a very different film from what we have seen previously with the original predator and its sequels, based on the trailer it seems the predator will rely less on its plasma caster and will be based more about melee combat, again sounds good!

Overall thoughts
    I thought the acting was really good, no one stood out as hamming it up etc.
    Some of the action scenes were great and the film itself does look great, very atmospheric etc.
    The story idea was interesting but i think they lost their way about half way into the movie.
    Its worth a watch and is a good movie but I wouldnt say it was a great movie, however I am glad they tried something different and it made a nice change to not see the typical army boys with a million rounds of ammunition!

Dont open! spoilers inside!
    Spoiler:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!

these lads couldnt do it with their weaponry and numbers
    ed8b3613-4fb5-4934-880d-1790d6b2cf76-XXX_CP_On_the_set_of_Predator_013.JPG

but this little lady could do it bare handed
    prey-movie-review-2022.jpeg

oh and she hid behind a tree, a FUCKING tree!
    apparently that hid all her body heat completely, nothing to be spotted from the sides etc.

i found a lot of the movie hard to follow when the predator was so prominent but at the same time cloaked so i couldnt see anything, it seemed overused but i did enjoy the snake part!

Did anyone else think that the jumping through the trees etc. looked far too fake compared to the natural movements we had in the previous movies, maybe im overthinking it

my biggest complaint about the whole thing was the look of the predator, i am really not sure what they were going for but it looks shit and its face looks like a sluts cunt after a hen party weekend in blackpool

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by Mystical_2K; 6th August 2022 at 08:33 AM.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

Teajunkie (6th August 2022)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Prey - latest predator movie mini review

I lost interest in these films a long time ago.
    It seems rather than think up new ideas it’s more a case of let’s drag this one out and make some extra money from old rope.

First two were good but like the fast and furious films it’s just crap plot and no thought put into the story.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw