8K TV's ... No seriously.

Thread: 8K TV's ... No seriously.

piggzy said:

Default 8K TV's ... No seriously.

Samsungs 8K beast.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Although I wouldnt touch a QLED display. Think they are shite. Step backwards from OLED.

BertRoot said:

Default Re: 8K TV's ... No seriously.

Happy with my Sony UHD thanks and that wipes the floor with QLED all day.

xdam said:

8K! I'm drooling at 4k.

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Happy with my Sony UHD thanks and that wipes the floor with QLED all day.
    I agree. QLED was a shite attempt from Panasonic initially and now Samsung at avoiding OLED costs but it really is piss poor

evilsatan said:

Quote Originally Posted by piggzy View Post
    I agree. QLED was a shite attempt from Panasonic initially and now Samsung at avoiding OLED costs but it really is piss poor
    I think itís them buying time until they release the next gen panel, just a marketing ploy. I picked up an LG OLED and am very happy, some years back I wouldnít have touched LG with a barge pole. Equallly I used to recommend Panasonic and Samsung, they seem to leapfrog each other and tread water in between living off their brand rep.

Problem with 8k is where do you get your source material from?? Iíve only got one 4K rip as it is

CominAtcha said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is next I believe.

BigBird said:

Was a lot simpler when I had one of these. Didn't have to think about K numbers and deciding what and when to upgrade. Only got a new TV when the tube packed up and it became an expensive repair. Didn't spend half the night flicking through channels looking for something worth watching because there were only 4 channels and no reality tv crap so there was usually something worth watching. Didn't spend the rest of the night looking all over the living room for a remote that I had inadvertently taken and left in the bathroom when I went for a piss. Watching TV was more enjoyable back then. (">

piggzy said:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Was a lot simpler when I had one of these. Didn't have to think about K numbers and deciding what and when to upgrade. Only got a new TV when the tube packed up and it became an expensive repair. Didn't spend half the night flicking through channels looking for something worth watching because there were only 4 channels and no reality tv crap so there was usually something worth watching. Didn't spend the rest of the night looking all over the living room for a remote that I had inadvertently taken and left in the bathroom when I went for a piss. Watching TV was more enjoyable back then. (">
    We have kind of gone back to basics channel wise. Got rid of Sky, Got rid of all terrestrial channels and just got Netflix. Even sent a letter to BBC license telling em to fuck off. I do have an IPTV sub but its not even setup/might have expired.

The thing that I was the most proud of was in the letter to the BBC cancelling the license and explaining why I made the unneeded addition of adding "in addition to the above we want nothing more to do with the BBC and their protected paedophi1es" They replied acknowledging I no longer needed a license but made no mention of that :-)

All my watching is auto downloaded and sorted through PLEX

hilljd00 said:

8K was released a while ago because Japan is broadcasting their Olympics in 8K.