Youtube ads

Thread: Youtube ads

flumperino said:

Rant Youtube ads

Since Youtube Red was launched, it feels like there are a gazillion ads to contend with on the free service.

I like youtube, and had no issue with the occasional ad, but now they are everywhere: at the start of videos, at the end, in the middle. Some of them you can't even skip.

It's not even as if the paid service is reasonably priced - you kind of expect 7.99 or 9.99 a month for a subscription on most other stuff.....but youtube want 11.99.

Boooooooooo

piggzy said:

Default Re: Youtube ads

They need competition. That's is why imho. They think they can do whatever the fuck they want.

tef89 said:

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Since Youtube Red was launched, it feels like there are a gazillion ads to contend with on the free service.

I like youtube, and had no issue with the occasional ad, but now they are everywhere: at the start of videos, at the end, in the middle. Some of them you can't even skip.

It's not even as if the paid service is reasonably priced - you kind of expect 7.99 or 9.99 a month for a subscription on most other stuff.....but youtube want 11.99.

Boooooooooo
    I never see them - I use the uBlock Origin plugin.

Ashley said:

I see them too most times I use the app.

Going to look I got that blocker.

prezzy said:

adblock plus ftw

dibbler said:

Ublock origin here as well and dont see them

liveseytowers said:

Which of these apps work on Android without requiring root? Last time i had an adblocker it needed a rooted phone. Can't see ublock origin on the play store.

The ads are getting worse though, i notice them even more after a 3 months trial of premium 11.99 a month is silly money just to remove ads.

Brydo666 said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] works great on Android. I use it with MicroG so I can comment and view subs like the official app.

mc.dodd said:

is there something I can use to block ads on iPad?
    PS3: mcd_dodd